What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Advice needed - Elevator tip rib (703) last hole too tight to rivet with AN426

gttice

I'm New Here
On the 703 tip rib, the last 2 holes have to be match drilled to the skin. I am having trouble finding something to buck a rivet in that last hole as it is just too tight. Can I blind rivet that hole?

Attachments

• Right Elevator 703 Tip rib.jpg
    Right Elevator 703 Tip rib.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 76
Yes and I think most do. I even bought a special squeezer yoke, ground it down even further, and still couldn't get them. I don't have the pull rivet model number on hand, but I'm sure someone will chime in soon with it. Otherwise, just email Vans and they'll tell you what pull rivet to use.

Yes and I think most do. I even bought a special squeezer yoke, ground it down even further, and still couldn't get them. I don't have the pull rivet model number on hand, but I'm sure someone will chime in soon with it. Otherwise, just email Vans and they'll tell you what pull rivet to use.

I figured as much. Thanks for confirming.

Jerry

MK-319-BS

Very common.
MK-319-BS

I made a custom bucking bar out of an 1/8th" by 1.5" piece of steel bar. Had to ground it down even thinner than 1/8, but eventually it fit.

Back