What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shout out for Tulsair KNQA

ALagonia

Well Known Member
Flew from 1A3, home base, to KNQA on Sat Feb 29. Glad I had installed the heated pitot because I had to use it for both outbound and return flights. Serious winds and turbulence but the RV9 handled it well.
Upon arriving at KNQA we refueled and they once again allowed me space in their large hangar filled with King Air 200?s and a Saberliner. Really shows the difference in the size of our airplanes.
When we went to depart yesterday, they would not allow me to pay for the use of the hangar. Said they were just glad to see us back. And their fuel price of only $3.36/gal is nothing to sneeze at.
So I big shout out to Koreen and Judge at Tulsair, KNQA, for their warm hospitality. If you?re going to the Memphis area I highly recommend KNQA.
Oh, and the flight back, windy, turbulence, an LPV approach at home base and the strongest cross wind I?ve experienced in the 9 yet. But all went well and like my wife said after landing, ?you didn?t even bounce on that one?. Haha

Back