What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Navworx 600B Software

330drvr

Navworx software 4.0.7 for the 600B is now on the Navworx website. This is the software that is suppose to make me 2020 (and 2016) compliant. Will install this morning.

Results

I just installed but have yet to do an ops check. Please report your findings.

Don

No Joy

I updated to version 4.0.7. My hope was that it would solve the problem of intermittent traffic data transfer failure to the GNS430W.

It did not solve that problem, and I also appear to have lost data to my ipad running WingXpro. Previously that had been operating flawlessly.

Message in to Bill at Navworx ... stay tuned.

Don

600B to 4.0.7

Sorry to report that the upgrade to 4.0.7 was a failure. The unit is not operative (receiver/transmitter failure) and FedEx already has it for the trip back to Texas. Oh well. I have been told it is an easy repair and hopefully I will have my traffic back on the screen soon!

Received my 600B back from the shop earlier this week. Software is updated to 4.0.7 and working just fine. Have not done the FAA check yet. Installed the Wifi add on to the 600B easily and it is working as well. Now I will have ADS B on both the GRT HX EFIS screens and the Ipad. All is well!

Last edited:
I updated to version 4.0.7. My hope was that it would solve the problem of intermittent traffic data transfer failure to the GNS430W.

I just finished the config for a 600B in my Navion. It displays on my 430W and MX-20. On my lunch flight today the MX-20 was solid but the 430W traffic would periodically drop out. I got upgraded to version 4.0.7 when I first connected the UAT console. If this is a Navworx problem then I'll wait to beat up on the avionics guy that did the wiring. I wonder how many others with an ADS600B connected to a GNS430W are experiencing this problem.

No Joy

I just finished the config for a 600B in my Navion. It displays on my 430W and MX-20. On my lunch flight today the MX-20 was solid but the 430W traffic would periodically drop out. I got upgraded to version 4.0.7 when I first connected the UAT console. If this is a Navworx problem then I'll wait to beat up on the avionics guy that did the wiring. I wonder how many others with an ADS600B connected to a GNS430W are experiencing this problem.

This has been a continuing problem for me; that is, traffic data fail to the GNS430W. It remains an issue.

I just received my unit (ADS600B) back from Navworx. The WAAS upgrade was performed, upgrade to 4.0.7 software. They also provided a new wifi adapter. Some ARINC compnents were replaced. Traffic display on my iPad using WingXpro is rock solid. However, I am STILL getting traffic data fail messages on the GNS430W.

My first report back from the FAA shows it to be 2020 compliant in performance. There was a "kinematic" error or two that I think may have occurred because of the maneuvering (stalls) I was performing.

I have tried configuring both the 430W and ADS600B to ARINC LO to no avail. I have reduced the uplink messages to 4.

A while back Bill at Navworx told me "Some have this issue, some don't." I have another email into Bill about the problem. Is it the sender (ABS600B), the channel (Fast Stack Approach harnesses), or the receiver (GNS430W)?

Anyone have a clue? If I could fly with someone else's ADS600B or GNS430W perhaps I could help pin it down. Not likely that that is going to happen.

Don

There are some GNS430Ws that experience a temporary loss of traffic from the ADS600-B. Other GNS430Ws (such as the one in our engineering lab - 4 years old with original software) do not exhibit this behavior, nor do other MFDs such as Avidynes IFD540/440 series. As an aside our ARINC traffic does not work at all with the new Garmin GTN series devices. This discrepancy appears to be related to the Garmin display software version, but I can't get confirmation of this.

If someone could loan us their GNS430W we could resolve the issue sooner.

Regarding those who upgraded to 4.0.7 and the unit failed - it failed because we implemented a compliant gps and the necessary hardware was not on the boards. We required these older units to be returned and your units were upgraded to the compliant gps.

Bill Moffitt

Last edited:
Regarding those who upgraded to 4.0.7 and the unit failed - it failed because we implemented a compliant gps and the necessary hardware was not on the boards. We required these older units to be returned and your units were upgraded to the compliant gps.

Bill Moffitt

Bill, a little more info if you please............

Can you define "older units"? Serial number range maybe?

If using an external certified GPS source ----- GTN 6560 for example, is it necessary to do the upgrade, or is this something needed for only the units using a stand along GPS??

Thanks in advance.

Bill, a little more info if you please............

Can you define "older units"? Serial number range maybe?

If using an external certified GPS source ----- GTN 6560 for example, is it necessary to do the upgrade, or is this something needed for only the units using a stand along GPS??

Thanks in advance.

Mike,

Units prior to serial number 2014110001. It is still necessary regardless of using an external source.

Also, we now have the ability to interface with the "proprietary" serial GPS data from the Garmin GNS430W, GNS530W, GTN60, GTN750, and GNS480. This support will be included in release 4.0.9.

Mike,

Units prior to serial number 2014110001. It is still necessary regardless of using an external source.

Also, we now have the ability to interface with the "proprietary" serial GPS data from the Garmin GNS430W, GNS530W, GTN60, GTN750, and GNS480. This support will be included in release 4.0.9.

Hi Bill,
I have one of the units previously referred to as "ADS600-B(G)", purchased during the introduction pricing.

Two questions:

1) Does the ADS600-B console release noted above apply to me? (I believe I am operating on 4.0.3.0 that was in place during installation). It is not clear from your website that 600-B software applies to 600-B(G).

2) If it does apply to me, does the new console activate the GPS out data on pin 15 as we discussed years ago?

2020 Compliance

To update my earlier posts, I finally sent for the FAA compliance report yesterday. Report came back this morning. Outstanding report. Everything is perfect and my Navworx 600B is good to go for 2020. Thanks to Bill M. and his staff at Navworx.

This is with 4.0.7 software displayed on dual GRT HX EFIS via serial connection plus the wifi to FlyQ on the Ipad mini. Control is by Garmin 327 transponder.

I got my report back this morning too. My 2011 purchased ADS600B after update (new internal GPS) is good for 2020. Initially I had problem changing pressure altitude setting. After using a different USB/RS232 adapter all problem solved.

ADS600B software 4.0.7
GRT Horizon WS
Garmin GTX327

4.0.9 Software

I upgraded my ADS600B s/n 890 to 2020 standards and it came back with the 4.0.9 software. I have flight checked it and did the FAA check and all is good. I have the GRT's for display and encoder info, and a 327 for the control. This is from Bill Moffit about the 4.0.9 software; "Also, we now have the ability to interface with the "proprietary" serial GPS data from the Garmin GNS430W, GNS530W, GTN60, GTN750, and GNS480. This support will be included in release 4.0.9

It did not solve that problem, and I also appear to have lost data to my ipad running WingXpro. Previously that had been operating flawlessly.

Message in to Bill at Navworx ... stay tuned.

Don

Upgraded to release 4.0.9. Same issue as before... Traffic data fail after 20 minutes. All else functional.

Message in to Bill. No response yet.

Success

Navworx released version 4.1.0 just a few days ago.

I installed and did a 45 minute test flight and the traffic fail did NOT appear this time on my GNS430W.

My fingers are crossed, and I thank Bill for keeping on the problem.

Don

Back