What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Enterprise, AL

StrickMS

I'm New Here
Hi, I am new here and trying to decide which RV will be best for me. Deciding between the RV 7 or 10. (I know major differences!)

Anyway, I flew into Florala, AL (0J4) last week and saw an RV3 departing. I was wondering if anyone near the Enterprise, AL has a 7 or 10 that I can look (and get your take on) since I have only looked at builders sites.

Thanks!

Welcome to VAF. I am sorry you have to live in Enterprise. I may take my -8 there this spring or summer. I'll let you know if I am around. I know there are a couple RVs in that area. Check out Miyori on Rucker blvd if you haven't already. That is the only thing I miss from Enterprise. Also, hangar space is impossible to find, or was the two times I lived there. Get on a waiting list now if you ever think you might want one.

Enterprise. Al

Hi,
I don't have a RV-7 or a 10, but I'm flying a RV-8A out of Enterprise. I would be glad to give you a ride in the 8A. Our EAA chapter president has a RV-7A and I can almost guarantee a ride in it if you'd like. I'm not sure why FlyArmy would dis Enterprise like he did but welcome to the wiregrass. Call me any time and I would be happy to accommodate. Thank You for your service. Tim
334-389-2270 cell

Last edited:
Hi,
I don't have a RV-7 or a 10, but I'm flying a RV-8A out of Enterprise. I would be glad to give you a ride in the 8A. Our EAA chapter president has a RV-7A and I can almost guarantee a ride in it if you'd like. I'm not sure why FlyArmy would dis Enterprise like he did but welcome to the wiregrass. Call me any time and I would be happy to accommodate. Thank You for your service. Tim
334-389-2270 cell

I've spent too much time in small Army towns...not for me. I have a list of reasons I strongly dislike enterprise/Rucker but maybe he will like it. Just avoid double bridges if you can. Those guys are a bunch of army used-to-be jack holes.

Tim, that sounds great. I have even pondered on the 8 a few times. The biggest thing that I am trying to figure out is how much flying the Family will be doing with my on X-C flights, rather than flying with one other and getting an aero capability. Did you find that an issue in choosing?

FlyArmy, If i remember right Miyori was one of the first place I went. I am coming up on a year here and its not to bad. I just came from Del Rio, TX and before China Lake, CA so this is a big city for us!

Hey, we went to Miyori both times we were at Rucker visiting our son. It was a nice place to eat! There was a really good BBQ place not far from the base but I can't remember the name.

What I liked was the open space south near the Florida border. It looked like you could put your own strip in almost anywhere. It was HOT standing on the tarmac watching our son come in after his check ride in the Blackhawk. Wow was that HOT

Just avoid double bridges if you can. Those guys are a bunch of army used-to-be jack holes.

Mmmmm - that's where I started my add-ons about 5 years ago. Crappy planes, but the folks seemed nice enough to me. We'll all be used-to-be's eventually. 18 months here, but who's counting...

Come on over...

I've got a -3 halfway between Atlanta and Macon. It's a drive but there are plenty of nice RV's very close to here as well.
Best,
Brian

Back