What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Go around question

Charles in SC

Well Known Member
In a -7 how is the go around performance with full flaps. I am wondering about a situation where the flaps fail to retract. 180 hp and constant speed at gross weight.

At gross on a hot day, your issue will not be climbing but rather over speeding the flaps.

At gross on a hot day, your issue will not be climbing but rather over speeding the flaps.

I second that. Having had my flaps fail full down on landing away from home, I decided to fly the 90 miles back with the flaps down. Climbs very well, but keeping the airplane slow after the intial climb takes very little power.

Originally my flaps were on a fuse and I popped a fuse while doing touch and goes. Took off with full flaps and could not retract them (did not realize they were not coming up until I was already climbing). Plane flew fine. Like others said, the only problem was keeping speed under control.

Fine even with less power

Took off with full flaps and could not retract them (did not realize they were not coming up until I was already climbing). Plane flew fine.

Same here, with a fixed pitch O-320 -6 and a heavy-ish instructor. It was one of my first flights in the plane, and we were both impressed.

-jon

Plus 1. With you engine and prop, with full flaps you can easily take off - go arounds are not an issue; exceeding the flap speed is.

Dan

Back