What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Attention all Oregonites, Good FBO options/Flight Testing

Gregg Brightwell

Well Known Member
..Oregonites? Is that even a thing?

Seriously friends, I'll be feet on ground in the Portland, Bend, and Redmond area mid to late June for some test preparation, for some flight testing we have coming up in August, in Redmond. Along with our test aircraft, we will have another aircraft (C172) that we will have to rent/lease for ~1week. That aircraft will be instrumented, and used for air sampling, and most likely flown by me. (If I am not on the jet)

I will need a checkout for insurance I assume, so I need recommendations on FBO's in the area, to go to, avoid, maybe's, etc.

Most importantly, this FINALLY gives me the opportunity to visit/tour the Mothership, and I am VERY excited!

Would also welcome the opportunity to meet and local RV'ers in the area.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Gregg

Ha! I used the same term (Oregonites) when I visited Portland & Beaverton way back when... late 80s. They all claimed the correct term was "Oregonian", but from what I could tell "California Refugees" would have been more apropos at that time.

To continue the thought. The obvious is Oregonoes :rolleyes:

Everybody has or needs one of those types of nomenclature.
I worked in Maryland for many years and the term for us was Baltimorons. :)

Native Oregonian, born and raised...

...for what that's worth.
Back to business; my hangar is right across from Pacific Coast Avionics (drop more cash there) on Aurora.
1zcl53n.jpg

Give me an email (see link below) with times/dates if you care to...lots of RV activity for some reason here, must be the Natives.
Sounds like you have a great assignment in Redmond Gregg. Fun stuff!
All in August we have a poker run, an airshow, an EAA fly-in (RV homecoming event?) an air race, an IAC Acro comp, the "home chapter" fly-in Breakfast, a fly-in/camp-out, my daughter's first wedding, more might not be on my calendar.

Last edited:
There are a couple good FBO's in central Oregon. Professional Air at KBDN has at least 1 C-172 to rent. I think Butler Aviation at KRDM may also have one. Both good places to stop. There is also a new restaurant on top of the FBO at BDN worth visiting. As far as rentals in the valley, Willamette Aviation and Aurora Aviation at UAO are both good FBzo's with 172's.

Back