What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Level of Database detail from GRT database downloads

edclee

Well Known Member
Patron
I am searching for information on how detailed the GRT navigation database is. For instance, does it include all airports with FAA designations? Even private airports but those shown on sectionals with FAA designators?

Intersections?

VORs, NDBs,

Is there some way to search this database without a GRT EFIS (yet)

Ed

Good question!

I've got the latest database installed, would be happy to check the next time I'm out there. Can you suggest a few examples to search for?

Database

I've got the latest database installed, would be happy to check the next time I'm out there. Can you suggest a few examples to search for?

Thanks, Try NC02, SC76, GA35, Triple Tree, Hawks Meadow for airports
HUSTN, LOCKS, for instersections
SDZ, CTF for VORs
Ed

RE: GRT database

All the waypoints, fixes and airports you listed in your post are in the GRT free downloadable data base.

If you have an Android phone, download and install the GRT app and build flight plans and experiment.

Caveat: I don't know if the database that executes on the phone app format is identical to the one that loads into the EFIS but they definitely transfer from the phone to the EFIS and vice versa. The EFIS data base is also downloadable from the GRT website.

Database

All the waypoints, fixes and airports you listed in your post are in the GRT free downloadable data base.

If you have an Android phone, download and install the GRT app and build flight plans and experiment.

Caveat: I don't know if the database that executes on the phone app format is identical to the one that loads into the EFIS but they definitely transfer from the phone to the EFIS and vice versa. The EFIS data base is also downloadable from the GRT website.

Thanks, James. Good news
Ed

Back