What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help in locating an AME

cdeerinck

Well Known Member
Only 74 days until I will be in need my next Class III medical. I plan on not going the Basic Med route. My fantastic ex-doctor retired and moved to Montana. So I need to find another.

I live in North County San Diego (San Marcos). I tried looking on the FAA website, but the link for the AME search is broken. I checked on the AOPA site, and it directs me to the same page of the FAA with the broken link.

Can any of you either suggest an AME for me based on my location or give me a clue on how to locate one myself?

AME George W. Merkle
2910 Jefferson St. ste 103
Carlsbad , Ca. 92008

(760) 729-2381

He is literally 91 years old. He was a really great AME for me. He is a bit talkative, but a very nice gent.

His appointments are like 4 days a week and between 10-2. No problem getting in if you have a week or so flexibility on your deadline.

AME George W. Merkle
2910 Jefferson St. ste 103
Carlsbad , Ca. 92008

(760) 729-2381

He is literally 91 years old. He was a really great AME for me. He is a bit talkative, but a very nice gent.

His appointments are like 4 days a week and between 10-2. No problem getting in if you have a week or so flexibility on your deadline.

I can relate to that. My previous AME was in his late 80's when the FAA forced him out with new facility rules. A one man office that rarely answered the phone for appointments, he operated out of an old house right in the heart of an old town. If the porch light was on,,,he was in and receiving patients!

Back