What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interior priming

msmst25

Well Known Member
I'm planning to prime the interior parts as I go, and it seemed like I had settled on the P60G2 Sherwin Williams Primer, but it seems like it might not be manufactured anymore. It isn't listed on the Sherwin Williams website. Has anyone tried the other aerospace primers from SW? There are quite a few on their website. The first is the Chrome Hazard Free Epoxy Primer, but when I search the forums for this, I get no results. Thanks for any help.

P60G2

Call your local SW Auto Paint supply. Lots of shops still shoot P60G2 on aluminum before final primer and paint. That's how I learned to mix and spray it. One shop found it under paint on a stripped magnesium wheel close to 50 years old.

P60G2

Thanks for the suggestion. I called the store in North Portland and she knew exactly what I was talking about as soon as I rattled off the name. They have it in stock. It's very strange to me that it wouldn't be listed anywhere on their website, except for the MSDS.

Mix rate

Thanks for the suggestion. I called the store in North Portland and she knew exactly what I was talking about as soon as I rattled off the name. They have it in stock. It's very strange to me that it wouldn't be listed anywhere on their website, except for the MSDS.

Remember for priming RVs, most use 1:2. You don't need to buy two gallons of catalyst up front but eventually, you'll need it.

Me

Got mine from SW store in Medford OR. They had to order it. Give it a got shake on a shaker machine before first use. I found the carbon black separates out.

Back