What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview HDX screens too bright

scrollF4

Moderator, Asst. Line Boy
Ambassador
Folks,
Am I the only one that can't get the HDX screens dim down enough for night flight? I tried adjusting the menu values with the unit's light sensor...no luck. I then installed their external dimmer and adjusted the voltage values on the menu: Still too bright. The good folks at Dynon said my values are about right (see attached image).

Has anybody found better dimmer menu values for a more dim night flight setting? If so, please share.

PS: No judging how crooked my switches are. It was built by an amateur (me :rolleyes:).

Attachments

• IMG_7631.jpg
    IMG_7631.jpg
    899.8 KB · Views: 189
For me, when I fly from day to dusk, to darkness I have to manually adjust the brightness offset. Initially, when the sun is setting, I have to use the Brightness offset to dim the screens. The auto feature doesn't seem to keep up with the decrease in ambiant light, i.e., the screens end up being way to bright. After awhile, when it gets darker outside, the screens now become too dim and I have to increase the offset to make them readable. I haven't found any way to increase the auto sensitivity for this.

Scroll,
I noticed the Dynon discussion board had a post and a few replies about the same issue (the post is on Dec 18th). Seems to be something specific to the HDX. I have to manually adjust every time I fly at night. Haven't found a good setting yet.

Gary

For me, when I fly from day to dusk, to darkness I have to manually adjust the brightness offset. Initially, when the sun is setting, I have to use the Brightness offset to dim the screens. The auto feature doesn't seem to keep up with the decrease in ambiant light, i.e., the screens end up being way to bright. After awhile, when it gets darker outside, the screens now become too dim and I have to increase the offset to make them readable. I haven't found any way to increase the auto sensitivity for this.

Thanks, Rick, but with the brightness control set to the manual dimmer, the Brightness Offset function isn't available. Am I missing something?

Scroll,
I noticed the Dynon discussion board had a post and a few replies about the same issue (the post is on Dec 18th). Seems to be something specific to the HDX. I have to manually adjust every time I fly at night. Haven't found a good setting yet.

Gary

Gary,
Thanks. I posted my own reply and sent Don Jones an email: Hope they have a solution.

Back