What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N112SB now under construction!

sbalmos

Well Known Member
I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my last thread, about converting a -9a to -7a. Suffice to say, it's a lot more than I thought. And according to some of the numbers, the performance difference is not nearly as big as I thought. So I put in my -9a tail order last Friday.

Lo and behold, last night I puttered down to my FedEx depot and picked up the tail kit, arriving a day early no less! I think the desk clerk was a little concerned whether the boxes would fit. Let it be known that the tail kit boxes *do*, in fact, fit in the back of a Mazda 3s hatchback quite nicely. :)

And now I have a converted second bedroom / workshop filled with parts, parts, parts, cardboard, and more packing tape than I know what to do with. I started inventory last night when I got it home, and I'll skip doing work on it tonight (bad ju ju, Friday the 13th and all). I'll post up workshop pics in the gallery once I have everything half-squared away.

So... N112SB "officially" began construction (at least the first entry in the build log) on 1/12/12. Not bad, eh? Let the games begin!

Congrats, Scott! Enjoy your project. Keep us posted. Remember to thank DR for the great community here by contributing your annual donation.

--
Stephen

six years

Six years ago I was where you are, now I have 220 hrs, fully half of it x-country, on our -9A.

it is a great airplane!

Back