What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Houston area monthly lunch (December 2019)

N546RV

Well Known Member
Last one of the year! With the demise of Weiser, I suppose we're going to be sticking with Hooks for the foreseeable future, at least if we want to preserve the possibility of flying in...

With that in mind, let's grab some B-52 burgers at the Aviator's Grill this Saturday, the 21st, at 11:30. And wonder of wonders...I'll actually be there this month, and I have actual airplane building to talk about.

See you all there!

At last I should be able to make this months lunch. Looking forward to seeing your 2D and 3D models.
See you there.

I should be able to make it in from Midland for this one, but I've never been to Hooks before. Where do you guys meet up, just on the ramp at Gill?

I should be able to make it in from Midland for this one, but I've never been to Hooks before. Where do you guys meet up, just on the ramp at Gill?

Inside the Aviator Grill at the North Terminal, sometimes people hang out just outside at the FBO.

Picture3-L.jpg

Last edited:
If you're flying in (which I assume), expect to park on Ramp C as depicted on the airport diagram. Basically it's just one long row of aircraft, look for an open spot and pull in. I've only flown in there one time, but no one came out to marshal me and no one complained when I parked there, so I guess it was OK.

Be aware that Hooks can be a bit busy, so be on your toes.

We'll either be standing in the FBO lobby chatting or in the restaurant with a table. I'll at least be wearing my Vans cap, and I'm like 6'4" so I tend to stand out a bit...

zKQSikMl.png

Back