What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A new story begins

lShadowl

Hi guys,
Well?it?s done. My RV-7 empennage has been ordered and was shipped today. A new adventure begins.
The only downside is the shipping cost with that exchange rate!!! I certainly hope that our loonie gets in better shape before I order my wings!

I?ve been in the aviation industry for the past 13 years so I already have a lot of tools to start with, that?s the upside.

And?I?m not yet a pilot?yeah I know it?s kind of crazy :eek: ? I figured I?ll get my license sometime during the building process. Always wanted to fly and build!

I?m very proud to be part of the VAF ?family?.
(sorry for my english?french canadian here) ;)

Nice to have you here Martin! Welcome! Don't worry about the license get the plane first. Don't distract yourself from main task. I passed my check ride after I had my airworthiness certificate in 2011. Can't stop since then. :D

Welcome indeed! You're in good company. Find your way to Oshkosh in a couple of months and you'll find a few thousand of us nut-jobs willing to spend our whole day laying in the grass talking about airplanes.

I can't believe how many years it has been since this project changed our life. We're still amazed and excited every day. When I think back 10yrs ago (!!!), I was so consumed by the project that I quiet often couldn't remember the hour commute to the office after getting there!

And don't believe anything this "Vlad" dude says. He is just an internet celebrity that might wear a tutu on the weekends for all we know :). (and has spent quality time with a surprising percentage of us here)

I worked at the place just off to the left for awhile, CRJ700/900. Welcome aboard.

[/QUOTE]

Nice to have you here Martin! Welcome! Don't worry about the license get the plane first. Don't distract yourself from main task. I passed my check ride after I had my airworthiness certificate in 2011. Can't stop since then. :D

Nice pic Vlad.
I actually work in that first hangar on the left at L-3 MAS on the canadian F-18 :)

Thank you all! I can't wait to start!!

You beat me to it, still wokring on my workshop, hoping to build my EAA1000 work benches this week-end :)

Congrats!

I toured the CF-18 maintenance facilities back when Canadair/Bombardier was running that show ... that was fun!

Looks like GA is coming to Mirabel too, great news!

Another Martin building a RV, who would you believe !

Salut Martin !

Nice to read there is another Martin on Montreal North Shore building a RV. I am building a RV-8 in Terrebonne. Currently, Martin's Aircraft Factory (nickname for my experimental aviation shop...) is renting space in former Des Seigneurs Ford dealerships mechanic shop.

My project also has a connection with L-3 MAS. My friend Frederic Mirabel works there, and quite often, I rely of Fred's advices when I do not know how to deal with my "snags".

I am a little more ahead than you on the project, with my empennage completed, and half of my fuselage done. Don't hesitate to come check out my project when you have some time.

Eventually, I may even be able to help you out with the flight training. I am CFI class 4, usually flying out of Mascouche (CSK3) on Bombardier Flying Club Aircraft.

Looking forward to more see and read more about your project.

Martin Leroux
[email protected]

Don't give up on Mascouche CSK3 yet !

Looks like GA is coming to Mirabel too, great news!

Yes indeed, GA is coming to Mirabel....But $30 landing fees, then $50 parking fees is doomed not to generate a lot of small GA traffic....

GA is coming to Mirabel due to closure of Mascouche CSK3 November 15, 2016...Let's not give up on our hope to have a replacement airfield at Mascouche/Terrebonne yet...

Martin

Salut Martin !

Nice to read there is another Martin on Montreal North Shore building a RV. I am building a RV-8 in Terrebonne. Currently, Martin's Aircraft Factory (nickname for my experimental aviation shop...) is renting space in former Des Seigneurs Ford dealerships mechanic shop.

My project also has a connection with L-3 MAS. My friend Frederic Mirabel works there, and quite often, I rely of Fred's advices when I do not know how to deal with my "snags".

I am a little more ahead than you on the project, with my empennage completed, and half of my fuselage done. Don't hesitate to come check out my project when you have some time.

Eventually, I may even be able to help you out with the flight training. I am CFI class 4, usually flying out of Mascouche (CSK3) on Bombardier Flying Club Aircraft.

Looking forward to more see and read more about your project.

Martin Leroux
[email protected]

Thanks Martin,
We'll get in touch for sure! :)

Yes indeed, GA is coming to Mirabel....But $30 landing fees, then $50 parking fees is doomed not to generate a lot of small GA traffic....

GA is coming to Mirabel due to closure of Mascouche CSK3 November 15, 2016...Let's not give up on our hope to have a replacement airfield at Mascouche/Terrebonne yet...

Martin

Ouch, did not know about the fees ... indeed ... at least there are no Nav Canada daily charges.

I thought Mascouche had a tentative new location further down the road still along the 640?

Anyways, build on! I just built a nearly 8 foot long EAA 1000 workbench, and my second 5 foot unit is almost finished!

Bienvenue !

Salut Martin, bienvenue dans le monde des RV ! J'ai fait mon flight test sur mon RV-7A jeudi pass? et j'ai d?j? 10h de vol, que dire, de pur bonheur !
Sa ma pris 6 ans et 2000h pour le faire mais sa vaux la peine. N'h?site pas ? me contact? si tu veux des info et/ou conseil !

PS pour Martin Leroux , tu dira mes salutation ? Fred Mirabel ! On ?tait ensemble dans le club d'avion t?l?guid? de l'ENA ! Je ne l'ai pas revu depuis des lunes !!! ;)

Welcome to the madness..

..plenty of nut jobs on VAF. Myself included. Good luck with the build. For many of us, flying and building at the same time is difficult, if not impossible. So, even if you had your ticket, you'd still need to do a whole lot of flying before you fly your project, when it's done. Build on!

Salut Martin, bienvenue dans le monde des RV ! J'ai fait mon flight test sur mon RV-7A jeudi pass? et j'ai d?j? 10h de vol, que dire, de pur bonheur !
Sa ma pris 6 ans et 2000h pour le faire mais sa vaux la peine. N'h?site pas ? me contact? si tu veux des info et/ou conseil !

PS pour Martin Leroux , tu dira mes salutation ? Fred Mirabel ! On ?tait ensemble dans le club d'avion t?l?guid? de l'ENA ! Je ne l'ai pas revu depuis des lunes !!! ;)

Wow F?licitations Martin!
J'ai entendu parl? de ton avion ? la radio me semble! Content de voir qu'il est termin?. C'est certain que je vais garder tout vos bon contact!

Merci! :)

..plenty of nut jobs on VAF. Myself included. Good luck with the build. For many of us, flying and building at the same time is difficult, if not impossible. So, even if you had your ticket, you'd still need to do a whole lot of flying before you fly your project, when it's done. Build on!

Thanks Mike! :)

Back