What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Strobes N More question

papamike

Well Known Member
This is for anyone who has used the StrobesNMore package.

Did you use their shielded cable?
Where did you mount the power supply?
Can you use one of their strobes in the rudder? What did you use to cover it?

If anyone has any pictures or drawings of their installation, that would be cool.

Thanks

Hi Pete,
Yes.
Behind the baggage compartment bulkhead, mounted on an aluminum shelf I made, riveted to the skin.
I ran their wiring to the rudder, but am using a strobe/white position light that I bought from Aicraft Spruce, instead.
I do have pictures...send me an e-mail and I'll forward them to you.

First time to answer, be kind. I put the power supply on the inside of my fire wall, used the shielded wires and mounted the lights on the wing tips under the clear covers on the front of the wing tips. Just used a white light on the tail. I too did not have a cover which is probably why no tail strobe. I am driving an RV6A with fixed pitch on 160hp Lycoming. Love the plane and have 155 hours now with no problems with the strobes. $180 for the kit with 4 bulbs and the wire and the power supply is hard to beat. :)
No pictures now as I am out of town. P.S. I hope to have no trouble with the power supply as it is hard to get to, crossed fingers.

Did the same as Sonny

in the baggage compartment, below the floor (floor installed with nutplates). Added a doubler and used four flathead screws through the floor skin. Bought a 6 strobe Whelen unit from them. I used the strobes-n-more (Whelen) wire with no problems. Only complaint is that the power supply is kinda heavy. Didn't weigh it, but I'm sure it's heavier than an aviation one. My wingtip strobes are under the Vans landing light plexiglass, so no glass cover required. I used the Whelen tail light / strobe light combo from Vans driven by the strobes-n-more Whelen power supply. Sorry, no pictures.

Good Luck!

Back