What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How long to ship once I order? (14A empennage)

SantosDumont

Well Known Member
Does anyone know how long it takes for Vans to crate and ship a kit once I pull the trigger? Like do they already have them crated and ready to ship, or do they start pulling parts off the shelf once I submit an order? Looking at ordering the 14A empennage kit.

The tail kit is one of the toughest to wait for, everyone is excited and have decided to build. The other tough one is waiting for the engine. The wing and fuse kits have published lead times and you can pretty much plan on when you want the next kit to arrive. I recently ordered my fuse kit so that it would be here and I could keep going. Probably ordered a few weeks early, but no big deal.

One thing that I recommend is when you screw up, and you will, place the order for the replacement part and specify cheapest shipping method. Many newbies fedex the part so they can keep going. Don't wait for the next part, just order it cheapest shipping and pick out something else to work on. If nothing else, pickup a part and start deburring.

Check out lead times at https://www.vansaircraft.com/order-a-kit/kit-prices-and-lead-times/
oops - didn't see the previous post with lead times.

The RV-14 now shows a 2-4 week lead time for tail kits. Figure another week for shipping.

Enjoy the build.

Back