What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Level attitude measurement

RVFan671

Well Known Member
What is the level flight attitude so I can simulate it on the ground? I would think 0 degrees as measured along the longerons but during my transition training in a -7 the instructor said the RVs have the horizon way up high on the windshield which I observed as well. So is there a nose down attitude of 3 or 4 degrees maybe that I should be simulating on ground?

The reason for this is I'm personally yet to fly my plane. Nust de sloshed tanks after purchasing it and I put in new fuel senders and want to measure the fuel going in and compare it to the fuel gauges and ueable fuel measurements.

I believe these planes are designed to fly +/- 1* from longerons level in cruise. However, weight loading and speed changes that somewhat. Variances in Actual wing and h stab incidence can change that also.

You can fly the plane and set the attitude indicator for level flight at your normal weight loading and speed. Then on the ground, position your plane tomatch that.

Larry

Last edited:
Back