What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My custom wood sides for throttle quadrant

dwranda

Well Known Member
Had to share my personal touch to the throttle quadrant I will be installing. It is Bolivian Rosewood which is quite heavy. I drilled out the backs to save some weight and am pretty happy with the result. Should look pretty sweet with my brown sheepskin seats and leather side walls. I even made a wood handle for the throttle lever to match.
20200429-172105.jpg

20200429-172115.jpg

20200429-172218.jpg

I got it from an internet wood supplier. Sorry can't remember which one. I looked at a lot of different types of wood and liked the grain in this one.

That is very nice. I have the same quadrant and my knee rubs on it so get ready to add padding

Very nicely done!

You will love flying with the throttle quadrant! It really completes the RV!

How are they held on? I made my side covers out of aluminum, painted to match the panel (Van's early "grey" powdercoat), and yes, my knee does tend to bump into it. The rounded edges of your beautiful covers may mitigate some of that.

I've often thought of making side covers out of some sort of white acrylic or something, and rounding the edges...

Very nice work!

I glued a threaded rod to the inside of the wood and drilled a hole in the quadrant. Held on with a nut. 2 per side holds it well.

Back