What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

flyleds

rwarre

Well Known Member
Just finished some night landings after installing the Flyleds. I installed only one bulb per side (wingtip) to check out the brightness. I was very pleased with the brightness using just one bulb. Even better than the two bulbs that vans sells. My landings were much better and I was more confident since I could actually see the runway. Installation was somewhat easier than installing the Vans. Will be adding the second LED to each side soon.

Love These Lights!

Another endorsement for Flyleds?I just replaced my original halogen bulbs with Flyled double spots. I was blown away by the brightness and focus of the beams! My original intent was to use these as a temporary replacement in my Duckworks assembly as recognition lights, but after a test flight, I certainly consider them fully functional as landing lights. I hear from Paul at Flyleds that there are some new products coming, and with lights, if a little is good, more is better. If you are looking at lighting options, give these your consideration.

Just finished some night landings after installing the Flyleds. I installed only one bulb per side (wingtip) to check out the brightness. I was very pleased with the brightness using just one bulb. Even better than the two bulbs that vans sells. My landings were much better and I was more confident since I could actually see the runway. Installation was somewhat easier than installing the Vans. Will be adding the second LED to each side soon.

What did you buy specifically? I am looking at the single MR15 sized light...

Single

I purchased two of the single LEDs which are intended to be a direct replacement for the Vans wingtip lights.

I have bought the landing/taxi lights, the tail light and the "original" kit for my 14. Going to assemble them next week :)

Back