What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sully Update!!

petehowell

Well Known Member
Some great news about our friend, Sully the Boxer......

Sully has now been in MN for 4 months shy of 2 years and is doing great!!! His immune systems still hasn't been able to quite fight of the blastomycosis (fungal disease) completely, but luckily it only shows up in the front leg and symptoms are minimal. Dr. Scanlon now believes that with it going on this long, he will most likely have to remain on his meds for 2-3 months on and then 2-3 or 4 months off. They have been keeping up with his bloodwork & x-rays, making sure his levels are ok and his liver is not being affected by the meds, but everything there remains to be positive. :) For the WONDERFUL news....he's ALWAYS a happy-go-lucky boy and is very playful & loving, as he's always been, BUT the best news.....Mr. Bear came into MN an emaciated 40.8 pounds and the porker is now up to, drum roll please......SEVENTY-THREE lbs.!!! This guy loves to eat and definitely loves his treats and attention. He's thriving and always improving. Still cannot believe what a trusting soul he is after the **** he's been through, but he's an inspiration to all of us without a doubt!!! <3

* SIDE NOTE: I have recieved the proof for Sully's story from the author, Patrick Reagan, for the PNP book, and although he asked it to be for my eyes only, I will tell you that it's absolutely amazing! He did such a great job portraying Sully's story and it left me in tears....happy tears! The book should be published and out on shelves sometime in the spring. I will keep everyone updated. Best of all....he admitted that Mr. Bear's story is the longest included in the book! ;) Gotta love him!

Thank you again to EVERYONE involved in Sully's transport to MN, to everyone involved in initially rescuing him, his supporters, donaters and our special friends who have been there to help us when we've needed it! Words cannot express my appreciation! <3

Thanks,

Stephanie

Sully then.....
sully%2525201.jpg

Sully%252520Transport%252520069.jpg

Sully Now......

1115100033a.jpg

Sully plans to come for a hangar visit in the next few weeks - I'll get some pics of the big lug.....

GREAT NEWS!:D!:D! I had wondered about sully after the recent doggie delivery. Glad to hear he is getting healthy and heavy. Cant wait to read his story :D

Back