What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crow harnesses thumbs up

Iluke

Well Known Member
Just a quick thumbs-up for Crow harnesses. Just got mine and installed them. Superb quality and appearance and perfect fit. The mounting holes were even the right size for Van's supplied fasteners so I did not have to drill or make bushings. (AN4s except for the crotch strap which is an AN5)

I ordered all the options- Shoulder pads, Kam lock, adjusters and black anodized hardware. Came up to just over $600 so they are not inexpensive, but they are well made for sure.

-Ivan

I have Crow harnesses on my 10 year old RV-9A, plane is new to me. I just washed them in some Dawn or the first time and they cleaned up like new. The camlock was terrible in that it was hard to insert buckles, so I called Crow. They were very helpful, but strongly advised against taking the thing apart to clean unless I was a watchmaker. So I blew electronics cleaner in there and then flushed it out with compressed air...works great now. As I was re-installing them, I confess that after consideration, I opted to leave the crotch straps out.

Agreed 100% with the OP!
Crow has everything you need and they understand the ABA market, skipping the need for certified gear with expiration dates etc. that some of the race cars use.
They also seem to resist the "glitz" and sell the straight goods. Their prices will beat any other company. Fair and fast, I was very satisfied with my order. :)

same here :)
Got them installed about 6 weeks ago, straight replacement for the older stuff I had. Ordered grey with black hardware, shoulder cushions, and they shipped the same day as ordered!

Good fit, good service, good value :cool:

A couple months ago I took out my old Van's 4 point harness and put in the Crow harness with crotch strap, camloc and shoulder pads. I am very happy with the results. Only down side is that it added a little over a pound extra weight per side.

Back