What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Circle diameter fuel rib question

nohoflyer

Well Known Member
Patron
I’m on the road and don’t have the plans in front of me and would like to buy the circle cutting tool. Anyone know the diameter of the hole that is cut in the inboard fuel tank rib that allows for the access panel?

Thx.

there u are John, suit yourself ;)

Attachments

• 7A7A1DDA-D3CD-4009-827C-4BC9958C9471.jpeg
    7A7A1DDA-D3CD-4009-827C-4BC9958C9471.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 105
Actually after looking at the diagram I’d say he has a good question. If the backing plate covers the perimeter of the hole, shouldn’t I be cutting to the inner diameter?

Last edited:
Actually after looking at the diagram I’d say he has a good question. If the backing plate covers the hole, shouldn’t I be cutting to the inner diameter?

Yes
But for this type of hole, most people are using a fly cutter which is adjustable, so as long as you get one that do at least a 6 inch hole you will be set.

Well, my understanding is that you are buying an adjustable circle cutter... with this tool you will be able to cut the cover plate and the ring, then readjust the tool for the access hole and the inner plate hole.
With this cutter size you can then reduce the diameter for smaller holes, the other way round being more difficult ;)

Back