What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar N. Dallas

RVG8tor

Well Known Member
We are off to find a home in N. Dallas. We need to find a barn for our horses first then find a house bwteeen the barn and DFW.

Right now McKinney looks promising as well as Prosper and Argyle, several good stable facilities there. We are going there this weekend to have a look see. We plan to rent and home seem plentiful so that will now be an issue.

Anyone with line on hanger in these areas, I would apprciate any leads you can provide.

Cheers

We are off to find a home in N. Dallas. We need to find a barn for our horses first then find a house bwteeen the barn and DFW.

Right now McKinney looks promising as well as Prosper and Argyle, several good stable facilities there. We are going there this weekend to have a look see. We plan to rent and home seem plentiful so that will now be an issue.

Anyone with line on hanger in these areas, I would apprciate any leads you can provide.

Cheers

I ended up finding my hangar by posting on the aerocountry facebook page. Worth a try.

Mike:

I think you'll find Prosper and Argyle are pretty far away from what we locals consider N Dallas. I live in "N Dallas" -- about two miles from Addison airport.

Addison is expensive, has a waiting list, and I think you'll find the long taxi times a pain in *&# after awhile. I used to hangar there and even with intersection takeoffs, a 20 minute taxi time and wait were typical.

McKinney is a nice airport but getting very busy and popular with the corporate aircraft crowd. Hangar space is hard to come by but worth a look.

AeroCountry is a better choice I think for an RV type aircraft. A few years ago a developer built new hangars and hangar-homes on the east side of the airport and also paid to have the runway paved and extended.

Personally, I hangar at 52F (Aero Valley) near Roanoke (closer to N Dallas by a little vs. Argyle or Prosper). Nice newly paved runway, friendly folks, horrible politics. It's about a 45-50 minute drive from the Addison area to give you a reference point.

Other than that airports keep getting farther out as DFW keeps expanding like a weed. Seems lots of folks like the Texas way of life, cost of living and the job opportunities here. Hope the ongoing influx doesn't ruin that.

Good luck in your search and welcome to Texas.

Chris

You mentioned looking for a home between a barn and DFW. Depending on where in "N Dallas" you want to be, the Arglye/Bartonville/Double Oak area is very horse friendly.

I drive though that area every day from my home in Highland Village (north end of Flower Mound) to 52F and drive past many horse farms.

This area is an easy drive to DFW if you need to fly out of DFW on a regular basis.

McKinney

Thanks for the input. I really wanted to get based at 52F but the driving factor is a facility for our horses. Airport at McKinney is the closest to the barn and to where we will live. If knyone knows of a hangar there or someplace close to their i certainly would appreciate a contact.

I am going to swing by there to see what might be available. We will be house hunting between McKinney and Frisco, renting and there seems to be a lot of inventory.

Cheers

Aero County

So we have the barn and the house set and we will be bwtween Frisco and McKinney. I was thinking McKinney would be the closes airport but actually it is Aero County (14min)

I drove by and called the number on a sign but have not recieved a call back.

I would like to hear from anyone based at Aero County, esspecially if you know of a hangar opening.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Back