What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking to upgrade Duckworks 55W

ExtraKatana

Well Known Member
I have the 55W Halogen at this time. Have seen the duckworks upgrade page and it appears the LED option puts out 9 W and their site says a long spotlight with a brighter light. Does anyone have a Pirep? These have been around a long time. What is another option since I have the duck works frame and rectangle reflector at this time? I have wigwag also FWIW

Flyleds

I just replaced my Duckworks halogen wing lights with Flyled LEDs today. With the aluminum conversion plate option you can buy with the spotlights you just have to assemble the lights and connect the wires. The assemblies screw right into the nut plates that currently hold your halogen light reflectors.

I purchased the wigwag module with the lights. It's also simple to install and setup. You can even use a plain on/off switch to choose wigwag or continous on with the module.

Don't forget to order more sealing tape from Duckworks because you'll need to remove the plexi covers to install the lights. If it's like mine, the old tape was ruined by removing the plexi.

I haven't flight tested yet because I'm waiting for that tape to arrive, but the lights look much brighter and the wigwag function works well. If they turn out to be reliable I'll be happy. Shipping takes a little longer from Australia, but mine arrived in good condition. John

I just replaced my Duckworks halogen wing lights with Flyled LEDs today. With the aluminum conversion plate option you can buy with the spotlights you just have to assemble the lights and connect the wires. The assemblies screw right into the nut plates that currently hold your halogen light reflectors.

I purchased the wigwag module with the lights. It's also simple to install and setup. You can even use a plain on/off switch to choose wigwag or continous on with the module.

Don't forget to order more sealing tape from Duckworks because you'll need to remove the plexi covers to install the lights. If it's like mine, the old tape was ruined by removing the plexi.

I haven't flight tested yet because I'm waiting for that tape to arrive, but the lights look much brighter and the wigwag function works well. If they turn out to be reliable I'll be happy. Shipping takes a little longer from Australia, but mine arrived in good condition. John

Which LED lights did you put in? The 3 light setup? I was hoping to use the 7 stars light..

I was replacing the single halogen light in each wing from Duckworks with the double spotlight assembly from. Flyleds.

Back