What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gauging interest in a service bulletin notification service

rgaynor

Hi Everyone

I read a post the other day on here with some complaints that Van?s doesn?t have a notification service when new documents are added to their model specific pages. Someone mentioned a few web services that people had issues with.

Anyway, I am writing a program that will monitor the pages and send email alerts with details of what is added. Once I get it finished, I was thinking of hosting it in the cloud and allowing people to subscribe to the list for their model. Of course there are expenses to doing this so I was curious if there is interest from you all and what a service like that would be worth as an annual subscription.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Rob

Suppose you expanded it to database updates, software updates and manual updates from the common vendors... that could be real handy, especially to folks with mixed systems.

Not a whole lot, I'm pretty cheap and only the database updates have any time criticality to them... certainly worth more if I only got notified about *my* equipment, and not everything.

Back