What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EIS engine display

rvator4twa

Well Known Member
Patron
Soon will be installing GRT EIS4000 with 4 CHT and 4 EGT. Wondering the,likes and dislikes of display such as 1-2-3-4 or in pictorial sequence as sitting in the cockpit looking forward. P.S. As a Marine, I like pictures so am leaning toward pictorial display. Likes and dislikes of those flying please.
Thanks
Ron Burnett
Converting from Subaru to dual EFII O360

Not so much a display issue, but my wife would get concerned with the big red light from the alert settings alarm. I'm conservative in my settings and she would always get nervous when I paged through the display.
I changed it to a blue light and all was good. :D

Soon will be installing GRT EIS4000 with 4 CHT and 4 EGT. Wondering the,likes and dislikes of display such as 1-2-3-4 or in pictorial sequence as sitting in the cockpit looking forward. P.S. As a Marine, I like pictures so am leaning toward pictorial display. Likes and dislikes of those flying please.
Thanks
Ron Burnett
Converting from Subaru to dual EFII O360

I like the pictorial display.

Start out with your limits at a point where they will only trigger the master warning if a true problem occurs. There are few things more annoying/disconcerting than a big red light blinking right in your field of vision telling you "Danger, Danger!" when there really is no danger, just you initially set your limits too conservatively.

I too have the EGT and CHT probes positioned for pictorial display. In the 4th year of flying and I have started using the EIS display more and more for EGT display than the EFIS. Allows me to use the EFIS for other things.

EIS :eek:

I love GRT, but the EIS was the reason I put Dynon in my 2nd RV. With all of their improvements, EIS should have been one of them 10 years ago.

I love GRT, but the EIS was the reason I put Dynon in my 2nd RV. With all of their improvements, EIS should have been one of them 10 years ago.

Not sure I understand this comment. The Dynon is a full up EFIS, right? If you put in a GRT EFIS you can mount the EIS remotely and never look at it, if that's your choice.

EIS 4000

I've been flying behined a EIS 4000 and GRT EFIS for 8 years now. The EIS is set up in pictorial layout for ease of leaning. I always lean using the EIS and never the EFIS, my brain thinks it's easier that way, leaving the EFIS to display EFIS page and map page split.
As other have said make sure your alarm points are set correctly as it gets very distracting on first flight if the alarms are going off every 2 Seconds.

Back