What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Subdued Strobe - AEROLED

Drippy

Well Known Member
I am wondering if anyone else as experienced this issue and if so how you fixed it.

I have the AEROLED combo NAV/Strobe lights installed in my wing tips. As I remember when I first installed them the strobe effect was powerful and very reflected strongly off the hangar wall. In fact I have a few good pictures as I was very proud of how much the lights made my creation look like an real airplane:).

I checked them the other day and both the left and right strobes are flashing but I could barely see them reflected off the hanger wall and had to walk around to the tip to verify they were even flashing.

I checked ground in both tips and that seems good.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

I assume your buss voltage was up to normal (13.8-14.2vdc). If not, that is a problem.

If your only ground is at the wingtip (not recommended), do not assume that a simple continuity check will tell you if it is good or not. An easy way to check is to run a temporary ground jumper wire to the firewall and see if that solves your problem.

Carl

Strobe

I had the same issue. You should replace the molex connector with a better product. That is all it should take.

Problem Solved!

Boy do I feel dumb! After checking voltages, trying a different ground location and direct wiring the light I found the issue was that the strobe fuse was not properly seated in my Advance Flight Control module.

As part of my trouble shooting I managed to blow out the fuse for my NAV lights and when I was replacing it I discovered the strobe fuse was lose. I used a screw driver and needle noose to tighten up the fuse holder and replaced the fuse with one my buddy had on hand - instant success.

Just though you guys might like to hear the update.

Last edited:
Back