What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ripon airspace and MOA heading for Osh

jdeas

Well Known Member
I noticed that Ripon is depicted under the VOL EAST MOA in Skyvector and AOPA flight planner but not in Weathermeister. All are well known, anyone know why?

MOA

Granted it's too high to matter but when I see charts with different moa boundaries on a site I have depended on I would like to know why.

AZ, I see nothing in the website for All charts, what am I missing?

Don?t let them bother you

I happen to live and fly in the MOA. I don?t even worry about them. Just stay clear of the prohibited live fire ranges. :)

MOAs SCHMOAs. Don't take that the wrong way. MOAs exist for good reason but are legally open to all air traffic. So no sweat. MOAs just put pressure on the military (and you) to keep your eyes open. I think it would be beyond foolish for the military to have any real training in the Ripon MOA during Airventure. While I check MOAs when flight planning I rarely go out of my way to avoid them without the occasional good reason. Occasionally sometimes just because you can doesn't mean you should. Ever fly through the Mobile Alabama through Pensacola region VFR? You might get some great air to air photos of military aircraft. They know you are there and sometimes even track your aircraft for practice and fun. And if you use flight following all the easier. Follow the OSH arrival NOTAM and everything works great and ATC effectively treats it like waivered air space.

Jim

Last edited:
The MOA boundary moved east about ten miles as shown on a current sectional.
Not sure when it moved.

Back