What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV swimming pool?

turbo

Well Known Member
IMG_4068-1.jpg

this has to be one of the most unique airports i have been to. very active place. looks like the restaurant is closed now. stop by some time. :)
http://www.airnav.com/airport/N14

Turbo are you here in the North already? Join the raid on Salmon Farm tomorrow. :D
vster, the legend has arrived by flingwing last sunday. wish i could go but all i have is the r44 right now. ill be hanging local for now. a few good events on saturday. have fun in VA and post some good pics of the group. the RV will be comin up next week. you been into the flying W? :roll eyes:
IMG_4075.jpg

I used to fly in and out of there a lot when I was stationed at McGuire AFB. It was a pretty neat place to go "in the day".

Flying W

Flying W pool dates to the early sixties, a bit before the first RV. The airport was closed for a long time so most information reflects when the airport was reopened, not when it was originally built.
The guy who built the place operated a small airline with piston cargo airplanes such as the C46 and Martin Airliner. A lot of history there.

Back