What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question: Garmin GTX345/Lynx NGT-9000

ten4teg

Well Known Member
Are these the only panel mount transponders available for ADS-B in/out?

If not, what are other options?

If so, which is preferred for experimental and does the Garmin still only interface to Garmin?

Thanks, Tom

I have no idea what units Garmin likes to play with, but I have Lynx NGT-9000. It's a nice unit if you have room for it. It has two tiny screens that you can configure. The screens are sharp, clear and easy to read but they do need to be within line of sight of the pilot.

It talks to Foreflight and WingX on my iPad.

I'm a day vfr pilot and nearly always keep the unit on 1200. The box has a lot of capability and the manual is comprehensive and a bit boring.

If I were going to set my non-RV up for ADS-B again, I'd choose something cheaper.

Dave

There is the GNX-375 which is a 345 built into a IFR GPS. If you don’t have a WAAS GPS source the price difference becomes a little less. This is what I ordered for my Eagle. Very long back order though at the moment.

gtx327 + NGT-2000 UAT is a solution for 1/3 the price of new gtx345, if you don't mind installing 2 boxes

Back