What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SL-30 Power Failure

My Sl-30 will not turn on-power out. There is 12vdc to the 1 pin in the tray and a good ground to pin 9. I assume it's inside the radio itself.

Any ideas? Shop recommendations?

Thanks,

Had same problem, this fixed it

I had a similar issue and "fixed" it using DeoxIT D100. It cleans corrosion on contacts and protects them from getting corroded. I have used it to fix my washing machine, tailight warnings on BMWs, got a radio in a 1995 car to work, etc.

I pulled my SL 30, sprayed the radio and tray contacts, seated the radio 3-4 times, sprayed again and powered it up. Has worked for about a year so far FWIW.

http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-D100S-2-DeoxIT-Contact-Cleaner/dp/B0014F110I

Power to both connectors?

My Sl-30 will not turn on-power out. There is 12vdc to the 1 pin in the tray and a good ground to pin 9. I assume it's inside the radio itself.

Any ideas? Shop recommendations?

Thanks,

I'm not 100% certain, but I think you need to have power and ground to both connectors (pins 1 and 9 on both) for the unit to operate.

Skylor

Friends RV-12 had the same issue. It would power up on a 24v supply but not twelve. Radio shop felt the power supply in the radio was fried. Sent to Garmin and $574 later all is good.

Back