What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

No Oil Pressure

cposer

Ok, so I removed a Raven inverted oil system. I put plugs in the bottom of the oil pan and in the back of the engine where the inverted system hooked up. I also put a new oil screen and oil screen plug in the back of the engine. I then replenished the oil with 7 quarts of oil and started the engine. No oil pressure after 30 seconds. Shut down and wondering what the problem is. I did check the oil pressure sender and it is functioning correctly. A friend suggested I have to prime the oil pump? Any other suggestion are welcome.

Priming the oil pump would be easy & safe to do. If you could get an oil pressure indication while cranking the engine over with the plugs removed it would give you some confidence for a 2nd start. If you cannot get an oil pressure indication I would not attempt a 2nd start.

Did you remove the screen inlet plug when you replaced the sump screen?
-

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_1014 Jan. 09 06.58.jpg
    ScreenHunter_1014 Jan. 09 06.58.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 397
I don't know if I removed the screen plug. When I removed the sump fitting only the screen was on it. I'll have to drain the oil and check. Does it go in seperately?

There is a plug in there. Remove with a long threaded 10-32 bolt.
Also if you installed a new screen, its likely crushed now since it bottomed on the plug. You will need a new screen.

Back