What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Software Version 16 Problems

ChuckC

I have a RV-12ULS with Dynon D1000 Skyview, Dynon Autopilot , Dynon Engine Management System (EMS), Dynon ADSB In/Out and Garmin SL-40. This is one of the Van’s Aircraft RV-12s that came with D-180 wiring; but, during the build was converted to Skyview using a conversion wiring bundle provided by Van’s.

The Network Configuration shows 5 Devices with Version 16.0.2.8176:
1. SV32/SV42/SV52, Serial: 006309
2. SV32/SV42/SV52, Serial: 006310
3. SV-ADAHRS-200, Serial: 004520
4.SV-EMS-220, Serial: 003465
5. SV-DISPLAY, Serial: 003656

Problem #1. When I uploaded Version 16, I too had no EMS being displayed (big red X and “EMS FAIL”). Before taking a prior RV owner’s suggested solution, I downloaded a Dynon Diagnostic file and sent it to Dynon – that was a week or so ago. No response from Dynon yet.

I then tried the RV owner’s suggestion: Go to Settings>System Setup>Skyview Network Setup>Selected Network Status. #4 on my list of devices was SV-EMS-220. Went back to Setting>System Setup>Skyview Network Setup and selected “Configure”. Once I did this, EMS was back on the Skyview screen. But, there was a big red X thru CHTR (Cylinder Head Temperature Right). Never had this before. Checked the wiring and all seems fine.

Problem #2. My normal aircraft start up procedure is to first turn on the Dynon system by pushing and briefly holding button #1. The screen flashes and then go’s thru a startup procedure. When complete, I have a full screen. Now, after installing version 16, I have white Xs thru AP (AutoPilot) and XP (Transponder) and a red X thru the area where the UCOM and AWOS frequencies normally appear. And, yes, the Avionics and Autopilot switches are in the ON position.

When I turn on the master switch, the red and white Xs go away and everything looks normal, pre version 16; except for that pesky red X thru CHTR. Have not flight tested yet.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Any suggestions?

Call Dynon Support..

I called them last week, left a voicemail and had 3 return phone calls during the next 2 hours.. Dynon really seems to be very customer friendly, even if they don't immediately answer the phone..

Back