What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

430 traffic setting

Dugaru

Well Known Member
So my 430W displays “TRAFFIC UNAVAILABLE” (or something like that) on the map screen in yellow text. I think it’s looking for old school TIS-A traffic data. Is there any way to tell it not to “expect” this data, so that I’ll lose the warning message? I’ve RTFM but remain clueless. That continued cluelessness is not an unusual situation for me, to be fair….

Not positive, but guessing that one of the serial ports is configured for TIS-a traffic. If you change that port to NONE, the message should go away. The manual tells you how to get into configuration mode during startup. Assuming that unit was paired with a 1090 transponder at one point in it's life.

Larry

Thanks - that appears to be what happened. Back to the manual!

Not positive, but guessing that one of the serial ports is configured for TIS-a traffic. If you change that port to NONE, the message should go away. The manual tells you how to get into configuration mode during startup. Assuming that unit was paired with a 1090 transponder at one point in it's life.

Larry

Back