What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GPS 175/GNX 375/GNC 355 main software version 3.11

propizza

Has anyone seen a link to the new software?

COMPLIANCE
Recommended: Compliance with this STC Service Bulletin is recommended at the next scheduled
maintenance interval.
PURPOSE
This STC Service Bulletin provides notification of an update to STC SA02636SE GPS 175/GNX 375/
GNC 355 Part 23 AML STC MDL Revision 10.
Major details of the update are:
• Updated GPS 175/GNX 375/GNC 355 main software to v3.11. This software corrects the
inaccuracies of traffic targets position and fixes software issues in the GNX 375 identified in
Service Advisory 2157. The software update also fixes software issues in GPS 175 and GNC 355
units.
PRODUCTS AFFECTED
GPS 175, GNX 375, GNC 355, or GNC 355A installed under GPS 175/GNX 375/GNC 355 Part 23 AML
STC SA02636SE are affected.

I was told by Garmin that you have to get it from a Garmin dealer, I got mine from Stein (where I bought the 375).

Version 3.11 appeared to fix a Bluetooth issue I was having with the 375. How do you get the service bulletins? Also is there somewhere where you can sign up for notification of updates as the Flygarmin website devices page does not show available firmware updates only database updates.
Figs

175 software update

Dave,
I also bought my unit (GPS 175) from Stein. Was there a charge for the software update to 3.11? I currently have 3.10
Keith

Keith
No, they emailed me the software and you run it and it installs the boot loader and firmware on a SD card which is inserted into the navigator and it boots up and lets you select the update.
Figs

GNX 375 Software Update

Good Morning,

We will have software version 3.11 posted to the Software Download Area next week. You will be able to download the update directly from us at that point without having to use a Garmin Dealer. I will post an update here when it becomes available for download.

Thanks,

Justin

3.11 update

Good Morning,

We will have software version 3.11 posted to the Software Download Area next week. You will be able to download the update directly from us at that point without having to use a Garmin Dealer. I will post an update here when it becomes available for download.

Thanks,

Justin

Justin,

Will the 3.11 update be online anytime soon?

Thanks.

Brian

Update for GNX375

Thanks so much for that information. My 375 needs an update and I just got off the phone with Garmin. They where sending me to a dealer to get the update. I read the thread on VAF Forum and downloaded the update in 10 minutes. Just finishing up my panel and hope to get my RV-8 in the sky soon!

Just updated my GPS175 IFR navigator from main software 3.10 to this latest version 3.11. Update went smoothly and indicated it was successful. Just took out the SD card that we use for the DB updates and put in the software loader card, turned it on, answered a few prompts and it did it.

Never noticed any issues with the previous software but like to keep things updated.
Keith

still only 2 BT connections

I was hoping the update would resolve the conflict between the 375 install manual and the pilots manual ref the number of simultaneous Bluetooth connections, install says 3 and the pilots manual says 2, unfortunately it is still only 2 and if you have 3 BT devices in the cockpit that are paired (e.g iphone, ipad, and aera 760) there is no option to prioritize which 2 connect so you end up messing with "autoconnect" or pairing to get the configuration you want. It would be nice to set Aera 760 "always", iPad "if available" else iPhone for example.
Just a small nit:D
Figs

Macintosh Support

Mac computers are not supported.

and welcome to the 21st century... well done, not :(

We started pulling the GPS175/GNC355/GNX375 software over to the Experimental software download area as soon as was feasible to help avoid sending our EAB customers to a certified maintenance facility for routine software updates. We used what was in place for the dealer network to do so, which is PC based. We'll look into Macintosh support for the next round of updates.

Thanks,

Justin

GNC355 to GTN650 communication

Just wondering if the firmware to allow the GNC355 to send flight plans to the GTN650 has been created. (No 3X hardware). It was suppose to happen almost 2 years ago, and still waiting for it to come out.

(basically, bluetooth from iPad to GNC355, and then the GNC355 sends plans to the GTN650).

While I did get a Flightstream 510 for the 650, it doesn't work because the iPad can only dump flight plans to one device.

Seems like a large gap on Garmin's end to not have this capability in place by now.

Need Handholding

I would like to update the operating software for my GNC355 with the latest version 3.11 per the service bulletin. I see two items to download from Garmin, one appears to be the software update, and the other is the "Software Loader Image 006-B3353-09". The instruction read more or less the same for the two items. Do I just load both of these on the SD card?

I'm a little slow sometimes...

GNC 355 Software Download

I would like to update the operating software for my GNC355 with the latest version 3.11 per the service bulletin. I see two items to download from Garmin, one appears to be the software update, and the other is the "Software Loader Image 006-B3353-09". The instruction read more or less the same for the two items. Do I just load both of these on the SD card?

I'm a little slow sometimes...

The first GNC 355 download, titled "SERVICE BULLETIN 2198 - Service Bulletin Document" is a document that provides information about this update, and instructions on performing the software load.

The second download link, Software Loader Image 006-B3353-09 - Service Bulletin 2198, is the actual software download. Use the document in the first link as a guide to loading the software into your unit.

Thanks,

Justin

GPS 175/GNX 375/GNC 355 Main Software Version 3.12 contains the following changes:
• Fixes an issue for GNC 355 where the MIC gain was getting reset to the default -12dB value
• Fixes an issue for GNX 375 related to the display of "Service soon" alert when reported by the
transponder board
• Fixes an issue where the GFC 600 would not arm or activate the APR mode due to invalidated
GPS data
GPS/WAAS software version 8.2 addresses the MSAS range rate corrections issue identified in Garmin Service Advisory 20109. MSAS will need to be enabled after installing GPS/WAAS software v8.2. Refer to the applicable pilot’s guide for instructions on how to enable MSAS.

GPS 175/GNX 375/GNC 355 Main Software Version 3.12 contains the following changes:
• Fixes an issue for GNC 355 where the MIC gain was getting reset to the default -12dB value

We just updated an GNC 355 that has been having this very symptom for over two years. This 3.12 update did not fix the mic gain reset. Frustrating. If we change the mic gain to where it works correctly we also get good side tone. But a few minutes into flight it resets back to -12dB and the side tone goes away.

GNC355 3.12 update

I have a friend who was having the same problem. The mic gain would reset to -12 dB, but only after a month or so. This guy flys almost everyday. He sent it back to Garmin and they said there was nothing wrong and he spend almost $100 in shipping and insurance, to get it there and back, and was told there’s no problem. They came up with a fix on the very same problem. A few other friends have the GNC355 and don’t have or ever had this problem.

I updated his unit to 3.12 and we will see if it changes again within the next few months.

Good luck, and definitely get back to Garmin and tell them you are still have the problem that the firmware was supposed to fix.

Sounds like the com board in the GNC 355 has a chronic problem that Garmin hasn't been able to lick.

Back