What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Apollo SL-60 GPS/Com

jlisler

Well Known Member
I have an Apollo SL60 that the com radio has failed. This unit is no longer supported by Garmin so options for repair is limited. This radio circuit board is the same as a Garmin SL-40 com radio. Does anyone have a schematic for either the SL-60 or SL-40 radio? I need to know the value of capacitor C874 (which has failed). I know this is a long shot but who knows.

Hi Jerry! Were you ever able to find an answer to this question, or were you able to get your radio serviced via another route? I have an SL40 that has the same capacitor blown, and am just starting the process of trying to get it repaired.

Check your PM

I have an Apollo SL60 that the com radio has failed. This unit is no longer supported by Garmin so options for repair is limited. This radio circuit board is the same as a Garmin SL-40 com radio. Does anyone have a schematic for either the SL-60 or SL-40 radio? I need to know the value of capacitor C874 (which has failed). I know this is a long shot but who knows.

Check your PM for the contact info of someone who should be able to help.

Brian

Hi Jerry! Were you ever able to find an answer to this question, or were you able to get your radio serviced via another route? I have an SL40 that has the same capacitor blown, and am just starting the process of trying to get it repaired.

Check you PM also. I sent you the same info of someone who should be able to help.

Brian

Can I have that info too?

Check you PM also. I sent you the same info of someone who should be able to help.

Brian

I have SL40 and SL60, so seems like one day I can be on the same situation. Can I have that contact as well? Just in case I need in the future.

Thank you.

You're swamped with requests for SL40 repair info

And I'd really appreciate the referral to service help for the older Garmin radios.

Thanks!!

So funny, I still think of my SL30, which I bought new as an upgrade to the original radio I installed new when I built my plane, as a modern radio.

I have a SL40 with C847 blown... would love a schem, or BOM, or... contact info, please, and thanks!!

-AJ

Hi, I have the same problem in the capacitor C847. I need help to information about the correct valeu of this capacitor. Thank you.

Tiago

Back