What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PnP Mission - Pickup @ Marathon-FL Keys

roadrunner20

Well Known Member
I had an opportunity to do my 2nd PnP mission.
Pick up 3 chihuahuas in Marathon(KMTH) and deliver them to Airport Manatee(48X), just south of Tampa.

Temperatures in Marathon a balmy 80 degrees & a beautiful day for a mission to help out these 3 friends.

Extended downwind, base to final #2.
PNP_M2_KMTH.png

Arrived safely at their final destination to their new home.
PNP_M2_Crew.png

I'm looking forward to my next mission.

When building this RV, I never imagined that I would using this incredible airplane to help out in this manner.
It's an added bonus, for sure.

Last edited:
Well Done Dan!!

Have some panel rework to do. When finished, I want to become involved too.

Nice ride to Marathon too.

Have some panel rework to do. When finished, I want to become involved too.

Nice ride to Marathon too.

Hey Carl,

It's very rewarding, but this mission had its downside as the delivery was to a son of a women who has 4th stage cancer. I was glad I could help, but it was still sad none the less. I promised her that if she got better, I would delivery them back to her.

Maybe I'll stop by over the weekend, if you're around the hangar.

...Pick up 3 chihuahuas in Marathon(KMTH) and deliver them to Airport Manatee(48X), just south of Tampa.

Temperatures in Marathon a balmy 80 degrees

Congrats on your mission Dan.

We have to wait at least another 5 months here before we can utter the word "balmy" again.. I'm jealous.

Great job Dan,
Maybe we will run into one another at Sebring this weekend. We're planning on being up there for the Light Sport Expo and lunch. Look for the unpainted RV14A, N199MJ.
Roger

Welcome to the Addition

Two PnP flights in quick succession - Welcome to the addiction!

Your write-ups are perfect. Can I get a blanket approval to repost your trips on the PnP site instead of asking each time?

Two PnP flights in quick succession - Welcome to the addiction!

Your write-ups are perfect. Can I get a blanket approval to repost your trips on the PnP site instead of asking each time?

Thanks Tanya.
Yes. Anything that would further the cause in helping our friends.

Hey Carl,

It's very rewarding, but this mission had its downside as the delivery was to a son of a women who has 4th stage cancer. I was glad I could help, but it was still sad none the less. I promised her that if she got better, I would delivery them back to her.

Maybe I'll stop by over the weekend, if you're around the hangar.

Please do. Likely I'll be there in the AM. Also, the big BBQ/Music/Car Festival is going on at ZPH this weekend. Not on field but directly across the street.

I'm not flying in the afternoon so I can have a beer and you can't. :)

Back