- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 08-21-2021, 10:36 PM

Default oil pressure sender

Hey guys. Does anyone know what the compatible auto part is for a Vans oil pressure sender is? The Vans PN is: IE 411K

I'm pretty sure this is an auto part, but don't have a part number or car it came from.

This one from Autozone looks very similar, but the description is not detailed enough for me to know if it would be the right one.

https://www.autozone.com/external-en...142/158261_0_0

Dues Happily Paid
Old 08-21-2021, 10:50 PM

Brian,

This is the one you want:
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...ress100psi.php
Phase II - 5/19/14
Old 08-22-2021, 06:00 PM

Default Test It First

Not sure if you have tested your current sender yet, but if you look in the old Van's instructions for that oil pressure sender, there is a test procedure. Search the inter webs for VOP-100, you will find this document.

I just recently had a problem with oil pressure readings, measured with a mechanical gauge that showed it was either the sender or the dash gauge. I did the test procedure and determined my sender was good, but my gauge had a "sticky" spot or something. I connected the wire that is normally on the sender to ground, and then powered up my gauge with the master switch. It came up to about 60psi, but with the wire grounded, should read max pressure.

I continually power/unpowered the gauge using the circuit breaker for that gauge. Each time I did so, it would go up to a higher reading, until it suddenly went to full max reading (which on the old van's gauge is above the red line). That is what it should show according to the test procedure, when grounded.

After that, it went full travel easily, and I hooked everything back up, and started the engine, oil pressure read normal, have not had trouble since.
Old 08-22-2021, 10:57 PM

That was very helpful. Thanks! I spoke to a friend who said the exact same thing. He said most likely it's the gauge that went bad. The same thing happened to him with the needle sticking. Vans website says they don't sell those gauges anymore. I think it's time to upgrade to digital engine instruments. I'll test the sender tomorrow just to make confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untainted123 View Post
Not sure if you have tested your current sender yet, but if you look in the old Van's instructions for that oil pressure sender, there is a test procedure. Search the inter webs for VOP-100, you will find this document.

I just recently had a problem with oil pressure readings, measured with a mechanical gauge that showed it was either the sender or the dash gauge. I did the test procedure and determined my sender was good, but my gauge had a "sticky" spot or something. I connected the wire that is normally on the sender to ground, and then powered up my gauge with the master switch. It came up to about 60psi, but with the wire grounded, should read max pressure.

I continually power/unpowered the gauge using the circuit breaker for that gauge. Each time I did so, it would go up to a higher reading, until it suddenly went to full max reading (which on the old van's gauge is above the red line). That is what it should show according to the test procedure, when grounded.

After that, it went full travel easily, and I hooked everything back up, and started the engine, oil pressure read normal, have not had trouble since.

Dues Happily Paid
Old 08-22-2021, 10:59 PM

Thanks. I was hoping to get a cheap auto part version until I upgrade to digital engine instruments. Will test it tomorrow just to make sure if it's the sender or the gauge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevea View Post

Dues Happily Paid