What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

High fuel pressure alarm

Paris12Man

Well Known Member
Hello, My RV12 has the original flight instruments install (Dynon D180). Recently I have been receiving High Fuel Pressure Alarms from the D180. I sent the D180 into Dynon for an overall inspection and repair if needed. I have received the unit back and have it installed. My first test flight showed the fuel alarm was not resolved. I receive this alarm during climb out, while reducing the throttle to land, and other times during flight. I have seen readouts as high as 15 psi.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I know I can pull the fuse to stop the electrical fuel pump, but I haven't done that yet. Before I start the tear-down of the cockpit, I was hoping for some helpful suggestions.

Thank you,

Last edited:
Testing the sender

The above suggestions to focus on the sender should be helpful I think. The sender can be easily tested by unscrewing it and connecting it to compressed air at 5 psi and then see what is the pressure that the D180 displays. If the sender is the VDO type then they do wear out (electro mechanical device) and a replacement is relatively inexpensive at around $50.

I forgot to mention in my post that I have already replaced the fuel sensor but that didn't fix the issue.

Joe, do you know where I can find the rocker switches to match what is in the early RV12?
Thank you, Steve

Vansaircraft sells them, or at least they used to.
I think you want an ignition switch. :)
LP3-F1G121R Spar Pin Indicator/Button
K2ABNPCCFA Master Sw DPDT
K2ABHPCABA Avionics, Nav/Strobc. A/P Sw's (spare)
K2ABMAAAAA Trim Sw
K2ABNPCCFA Landing Light Sw
KIABBPCADA Ign A, Ign B (opt Fuel Pump)

Thank you

Thank you all for your suggestions. I spoke with another RV12er (Mark) who had a similar issue with his RV12. With no technical data to go on, he just replaced his electric pump and the problem went away. So, since the pump is relative inexpensive ($44) I'm going to try that. I'll also place the new pump on an on/off switch. I'll provide part #s on all parts and of course the results of replacing the pump to resolve the issue of High Fuel Pressure Alarm. Stay tuned. Fingers crossed!

Back