What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Distance between center of pilot and center of copilot

mjanduda

Well Known Member
Hi,

I am currently making some drawings of my RV-14 panel.
What is the distance between the center of the pilot's seat and the center of the copilots seat? Should probably be the same distance like the distance between the control stick centers.
I want to put the PFD/MFD in the center of the person and not a bit too far to the left/right.

Thanks a lot!

Malte

PFD location

Also consider how you might configure your screens and if that will push the info you want away from center. I wanted to have the artificial horizon part of the PFD directly centered in front of me, but if the screen gets split to display a map or chart the AH gets pushed over to the left. While pondering how to best address this I flew a trip in a G500 equipped Malibu JetProp and found the AH part of the PFD was 5-6” left of center. I had been flying this particular plane for a couple years and had not looked for or noticed this particular detail before. Bottom line is it doesn’t matter much. Things will shift around with different configurations and you will just fly it.

Don Broussard
RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer

Maybe look at the dimensions from the center of one stick to the center of the other stick?

Back