What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vinyl wrap at Oshkosh?

dwranda

Well Known Member
Are there any vinyl wrap vendors at Oshkosh or any wrapped planes that I could look at?

Last edited:
KELLI GIRL is parked in HBC row 304, about 50 yards south of the red/white tent. AircraftWraps.com wrapped her last November. If you get here before about 0830, I might still be here and can describe the process and experience over coffee.

Bottom line: AircraftWraps.com rocks!

Search VAF for KELLI GIRL to see photos.

Bill Wootton had a wrapped RV-6 parked on the front (east) line of the special RV-6 parking, not far from 'Mikey'... it's blue with many other nice colors :) Rosie

Bill Wootton had a wrapped RV-6 parked on the front (east) line of the special RV-6 parking, not far from 'Mikey'... it's blue with many other nice colors :) Rosie

I looked over his plane this morning after the group photo and got lots of good mental notes for the partial wrap I want to do to my plane. Not picking nits (it is a gorgeous wrap), but the imperfections, in particular, were good to see, in that you really don't see them unless you are looking hard for them. Kind of like the 20 foot paint job, don't sweat the small stuff.

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for AW not being present this year at OSH. Obviously, there is a lot of AircraftWraps planes there this year.

All listed on this thread, including the microjets are AircraftWraps planes.

Because of schedule, AW was not able to be present earlier in the week after participating in Lisbon Portugals Air Race Championships this year. We had planned to attend Friday-Sunday this week, but a new situation demands my attendance in California for the remainder of the OSH schedule.

Hate to miss OSH this year, but here is the reason. This is where AircraftWraps comes from; The purpose was to reduce weight and increase performance. Founded on the wings of our Vans RV8.

Lisbons Race:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PhffKfzKMw&feature=youtu.be

Back