What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VIP vs Lord, Barry mounts

TomRV8

Any real world experience on the performance of the VIP (Vibration Isolation Products) mounts vs the Lord and/or Barry?

I purchased the VIP mounts from Van's a number of years ago, and am getting close to hanging the engine (IO-360 A1B6, RV-7A). I have read previous threads about how much better many people believe the Lord mounts are, but would like to get info from those that have used the VIP's and have good, bad or otherwise experience with them.

Better yet, anyone use both brands and can give a real comparison?

A quick search showed prices of the Lord J-9613-40's of $134 each (AC Spruce). I hate to spend another $550 or so if indeed the VPI's have good performance. On the other hand, I sure want a smooth engine/airframe combo, with minimum engine sag!

Thanks!
Tom

Vans is now shipping Lord mounts at $125 each. Believe they're J-9613-40. Best price I've found, unfortunately. A couple years ago folks were talking about getting them right at $100 per. Those days are over.

Invest in the Lord you won't regret. :) they were $90 apiece couple years ago at Skygeek.com.

Well...

Thanks for the replies!

Was sure hoping to hear from someone that either hates the VPI's or loves them (and why)...

Still trying to justify those extra dollars for the Lord's!!

Thanks,
Tom

Silghtly dissapointed with Lords,but...

I originally put Van's mounts on my Super Six but had vibrations issues. I then changed to lords and set my spinner almost 1/4" high and after 500 hours my spinner still sets almost 1/4" high. I wish I had the drop, but VERY happy with integrity of the Lord mounts. As for the vibration, I think the Lord improved the smoothness.

Steve Barnes "The Builders Coach"

Same here. Lord mounts and no drop after 70 hours. Not complaining, just didn't need to account for the mounts letting the engine sag over time. I would buy the Lord mounts again.

Back