What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon USB Port Access

HEB1022

Does anyone know the number and location of USB ports on the Dynon Skyview HDX, and if any ports are the rear of the display are extended to the panel for ease of access? (Example would be for loading map updates and wifi adapter)

Thanks in Advance,

Harry

Does anyone know the number and location of USB ports on the Dynon Skyview HDX, and if any ports are the rear of the display are extended to the panel for ease of access? (Example would be for loading map updates and wifi adapter)

Thanks in Advance,

Harry

I have the Dynon/Advanced Flight EFIS. There are two USB ports on the back of the unit. One of them has the Wi-Fi adapter plugged into it all the time, the other one is on the remote extension cord and I brought it out to the panel. I use that for plugging in thumb drives to be able to upload labs on the usual map cycle, software upgrades, data downloads etc.

Thanks in Advance,

Harry

1 - Ethernet port
2 - USB ports (Oops...make that 3 with the one wired to the main harness as mentioned below)
2 - Network cable
1 - main EFIS/engine cable
sv-hdx-back.jpg

You can then purchase a separate USB cord extension to mount to the panel for software uploads.
sv-usb-port.jpg

Last edited:
I believe there are actually 3 USB ports - the two with connectors. Plus Pins 16-19 on the main connector are for the third USB port. In my RV12iS these pins were pre-wired to a USB socket which is mounted under the panel and is used for db updates etc.

Robert

The main harness for the HDX has a USB cable in addition to the 2 USB ports on the back of the unit. You can route the cable to an adapter to mount into the panel or secure it under the panel where you can get to it.

Attachments

• 2afdf3d142f95d61a3ee0e17fc624de8.jpg
    2afdf3d142f95d61a3ee0e17fc624de8.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 87
Back