What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nice connector for stick wiring

Draker

Well Known Member
After some searching, I think I found a connector I'm happy with for wiring the Ray Allen grip on my -7's removable co-pilot stick. My requirements were:

1. Both male and female connectors to fit entirely inside the stick tube
  2. At least 6 contacts
  3. Locking
  4. Reasonably weathertight

Enter the Switchcraft EN3 series. 6 soldered contacts, keyed so they fit one way, and locking. And everything fits right inside the stick grip.

DigiKey part numbers are SC258-ND and SC275-ND if you want to give em a try.

After some searching, I think I found a connector I'm happy with for wiring the Ray Allen grip on my -7's removable co-pilot stick. My requirements were:

1. Both male and female connectors to fit entirely inside the stick tube
  2. At least 6 contacts
  3. Locking
  4. Reasonably weathertight

Enter the Switchcraft EN3 series. 6 soldered contacts, keyed so they fit one way, and locking. And everything fits right inside the stick grip.

DigiKey part numbers are SC258-ND and SC275-ND if you want to give em a try.

Looks like a great solution. Any reason why you used the solder cup version instead of the crimp style? Wondering if they are larger or not available.
Thanks, Jim

Any reason why you used the solder cup version instead of the crimp style? Wondering if they are larger or not available.

If I can find the crimp style and it also fits in the stick, I'll give it a try. Currently using a stripped DB9 connector with crimps that I silicon fuse tape together every time I reconnect the stick.

If I can find the crimp style and it also fits in the stick, I'll give it a try. Currently using a stripped DB9 connector with crimps that I silicon fuse tape together every time I reconnect the stick.

Just located the crimp style:

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/switchcraft-inc/EN3C6FCX/SC2715-ND/500755

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/switchcraft-inc/EN3C6MCX/SC2777-ND/1289622

I'm using a DB15 junction board.

Another good lightweight option

I found this connector. HR30-6R-6P is one side and HR30-6PA-6S is the other. Max Outside diameter is .5?. The numbers above are for 6 conductor, and 8 conductor is available in the same shell size. I used solder. Add a C to the end to get crimp. HiRose Electric is the manuf. Google will find the connectors. Think I got mine from Allied, but they are readily available. HiRose has data sheets for all configurations available.

Back