What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Supply Chain Issues/Avionics

vlittle

Well Known Member
Today (Dec. 16, 2021) Dynon announced that it has halted shipments of SkyView HDX, SkyView Classic, and SkyView SE displays due to supply shortages.

I expect that other avionics vendors are facing the same issues as Dynon and we should hear from them soon.

VV

Today (Dec. 16, 2021) Dynon announced that it has halted shipments of SkyView HDX, SkyView Classic, and SkyView SE displays due to supply shortages.

I expect that other avionics vendors are facing the same issues as Dynon and we should hear from them soon.

VV

Avidyne sent out a similar message several weeks ago. Garmin has been pushing leadtimes for delivery as well.

Supply Chain

The components are probably in a cargo ship anchored of the CA coast. Three month wait to get unloaded. Part of the problem is no trucks to pick up the cargo at the port.

VV

Where was that announcement posted by Dynon? For some time now, the online store has showed various Skyview displays as being unavailable. Initially it was the SE, then the Classic, then the HDX. ADAHRS is also currently not available. And the EMS-D10 has been discontinued in past few weeks.

Spruce shows 3-4 month predicted wait for some Garmin displays so it's not just Dynon. The delivery time for a Toyota pickup truck is around 9 months!

Last edited:
Where was that announcement posted by Dynon? For some time now, the online store has showed various Skyview displays as being unavailable. ......

I received an email from them, outlining this information. They can't source a few components for Skyview displays at any price. They estimate a return to production Feb 1, 2022.

VV

I was wondering when Dynon will post the announcement. I ordered my Dynon avionics just before the nationawide lockdown last year and Dynon was having trouble getting its supplies from the China which was in lock down then. People should be used to the new normal by now, you think. Dynon has always been helpful with its technical support.

Last edited:
Dynon

Yep. Just placed my order to AFS for my panel-less panel. I should be okay with their timeline. I actually prefer they resolve the issue with a redesign so I don't face future parts availability problems.

Back