What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6 Approved for Launch

Zazoos

Well Known Member
This RV-6 was started in 1994 by Denny B. and I purchased it from him in July of 2016. The first 15 months the project just set in my shop for 2 reasons. One was I really didn't have a clue where to jump in and get started. Second, was I only had a light sport license for a powered parachute. I took those 15 months and researched where to get started using VAF (which has been very helpful). I also bought a light sport fixed wing and used it to get an endorsement for LSA fixed wing flying. Then built time towards the private ticket while building on the RV-6 and earned my private pilot license earlier this year. Well today the RV-6 was approved for flight. Next week I go to Okeechobee, Florida to get transition training with Jan Bussell. Obviously, I am very excited. Thank you to VAF members for your help and to Doug for this great tool.

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

Great work!

Looks great - your inspector does not seem quite as happy as you do! :D

I had never heard of Hallsville, so when I looked it up here's what Google gave me:

dfcZ7WT.png

It must be a nice place!

Awesome!

Congrats! It's always encouraging to see another 6 builder curtailing a second-hand project. Hoping to follow your shoes in the next year on my '92 vintage kit.

I?m glad to see you finished it. Let me know if you need some help flying off the phase 1?😁

Back