What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2012 Oshkosh RV Social

How much beer?

• One and done.

Votes: 42 15.5%
  • I like two.

Votes: 112 41.3%
  • Three for me.

Votes: 63 23.2%
  • Four, maybe more.

Votes: 54 19.9%

• Total voters
Tuesday morning.......

I see a late start to the daily festivities on Tuesday morning in my future.... My kid in tow will serve as my designated "walker" back to the trailer in Camp Scholler.

With so many of my VAF RV-8 heroes in attendance, I don't think I can miss this - Beer or no Beer!

Can't wait....

OK, it's on!
Location is Forum Building #2 ("GAMA" on your Airventure map), NE corner of the forums plaza, overlooking Area 51 RV parking. Leave the Vans tent on a heading of 250, go 150 yards.

Now I know where the marshall needs to park me on arrival!

Chris

Looking forward to this 'VAFkosh'....or is it 'VAFenture'? :D

Either one I'm there. Should be a nice time.

I'll be in late Tuesday.

Aaaaaaaaah Beer ... speaking the international language :p Ain't no way there's a beer party on without some good 'ol Aussie representation ... 4 of the best blokes (slang for gentlemen) are comming your way.

Can't wait to meet up again with some - even more excited to meet some new faces. See you soon.

Cheers, Matt

Red SOLO cup and YELLOW shirt. I will be there.
That is on the south end right , Ripper:rolleyes:

Aaaaaaaaah Beer ... speaking the international language :p Ain't no way there's a beer party on without some good 'ol Aussie representation ... 4 of the best blokes (slang for gentlemen) are comming your way.

Can't wait to meet up again with some - even more excited to meet some new faces. See you soon.

Cheers, Matt

Matt:

Bring a few Sheilas with you. We Yanks would are looking forward to meeting the best Blokes and Sheilas at OSH.

Flying in with the family Sat AM.

Had a spotted cow last night here at the Hilton on the field. A good quality brew for sure and I brew my own. I'll see you guys after the concert. The wife and kids will leave the glostick on outside the tent for me. I think I'll bring my LED headlamp.

Count me in

I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of you folks.

Dan Miller
RV-8 1150+ hours

Sign me up

Dan,

Please hold three spots by the swill. Me, Jeff Swords, and John Adams...in case you need names.

Thanks for hosting! I can only imagine the tech support available for keg flow, beer cooling, and foam surplus issues.

Keith

VAFkosh

Hey hey, I'll be there too..

Planning to arrive on saturday so I'll get a couple days to recce my way there or my way back from there....

Looking forward to meet you guys..

A++

Bruno
[email protected]

That's Really Funny

Okay, Okay. I was in police work for 30 years. I love all of my RV Sisters and Brothers, BUT........ there is no such thing as TWO beers!!!! You always have 1 or 3+. In those 30 years and hundreds of DUI stops and arrests, guess how many drinks EVERYONE had, two. Never 1, Never 3 or more, always 2.

Dan, get more beer!!! I can only imagine the stories after having the beer, heck they can't be honest now:eek:

Darwin, also in my 30 year law enforcement experience, I HIGHLY concur.... 2 beers was the only answer...:D

Beer

If I can convince the better half to attend that would make 2. It's a long walk but for some hopslam it would be worth it, sorry Doug but we can get Spotted Cow any day of the week here in WI. If the other RV guys in camp find out there may be 5 or 6 of us, Katie bar the door.

Oops, I could have 2 maybe 3 or maybe ......walking not driving, spouse maybe 1.

Last edited:
Count us in.

My son and I will be there unless weather keeps us from going to OSH. We are both 1 or 2 beers. :) Can't wait! Looking forward to meeting some of the folks that were so kind in answering all my many questions during the build of my 9A.

Andrew, it sounds like I need to pack a good single malt for us, eh? I mean, bourbon is OK, but ...

Oh, and if you have a nifty homebuilder's beer mug from years past, bring it for refills. Some of you have several from which to choose. :)

Reminder....use the poll so we know how much beer to order!

Right now we're bumping 200 folks and an order for a fourth keg.

Last edited:
PIREP from Osh

Pic n Save grocery is going to be on the bus route or it is a 10 min walk from the Hilton. They have a walk-in cooler packed with tons of beer now. They also have a good selection of licquor too. They also have a great selection of healthy and not so healthy snack foods that you buy in bulk by the pound. Beer starboard and bulk snacks port. Hours are 7-11.

We may need some stick on labels and a sharpie. I am going to have some EAA shirts personalized just for Monday.

Single Malt, Autopilots, and Oshkosh...what's not to love!

Andrew, it sounds like I need to pack a good single malt for us, eh? I mean, bourbon is OK, but ...

Oh, and if you have a nifty homebuilder's beer mug from years past, bring it for refills. Some of you have several from which to choose. :)

Ahhhhhh...had a nip of the ol' single malt last night. I will have a bottle maybe two with me for this event.

Hey Andrew, can you bring my Gemeni 880 with you:D

Well...not just yet. We are getting closer though! PFD is out and rolling, one other little project between us and getting the Gemini AP versions out. The good news is that I have lots and I mean LOTS of news for Osh! Wait...was that a teaser?

Can't wait for Osh...my favorite time of the year! Flying the fam up in the 10...haven't flown to Osh in a "real" airplane in a few years. Just two more weeks!

G'day Gazza,

Right you are cobba ... fair dinkem there's nothing better than a few cold shooies, a bunch of shielas, and bonza RV blokes.

Dan's talking about 4 keggs of grog ... that many Aussies in one place be would be working out a way of tapping the tanker.

Hoo Roo until then ;)

The LoneStar Squadron, (Houston) will be there after Steve Miller. We're good for 10-14 people. Looking forward to it! :D

The LoneStar Squadron, (Houston) will be there after Steve Miller. We're good for 10-14 people. Looking forward to it! :D

Great. We need to know how much beer to order. Use the poll.

You'll take it seriously if we run out of beer :(

Last edited:
Hey Dan, here's a two-bird idea:

In order to receive a beer at the social, you must have with you both your copy of the NOTAM and your parking sign. No papers, no beers.

Still building and not flying in you say, and no need to have these things? Hogwash, it's never too early to develop good habits. Bring them along anyway.

Follow DanH's instructions for the "head" count...

How about you must present a copy of the poll on this thread showing you have voted your beer count?:rolleyes:

Deb and I will be by but we are not beer drinkers...so we will bring our own "soft" beverages...not flying but driving in on Saturday for the week...

What will we need to get in?????:D:D:D

Regards

Christer S. and I will be there. Pretty nice way to "decompress" after a day in the SteinAir booth...

As of tonight the poll is up to 544 servings of tasty beverage. I shall inform the beer fairy that we'll need a fourth keg.

t9xf77.jpg

Last edited:
4 kegs enough?

I see that the poll dictates 4 kegs, but Dan, how did you account for the 4+ beer people? With the hundreds coming, let me remind you that many of them REALLY like beer (i.e. Military veterans, Aussies, Southerners and people crazy enough to build their own airplanes)...

Should be a great time Monday Night, and awefully quiet in the HBC Tuesday morning...:D

Last edited:
Dan H: Can't help but wonder...

As of tonight the poll is up to 544 servings of tasty beverage. I shall inform the beer fairy that we'll need a fourth keg.

t9xf77.jpg

Could any amount of beer make that fairy start to look good? Hoo-weee!:D

I see that the poll dictates 4 kegs, but Dan, how did you account for the 4+ beer people?

Give 'em Hopslam...they'll slow down.

Could any amount of beer make that fairy start to look good? Hoo-weee!:D

Careful now....you don't want to make the beer fairy unhappy.

Speaking of which, ya'll be sure to bring along some dollar bills for the tin cup. The Good Beer Fairy is pleased to bring joy and brotherhood to the RV clan, but the wee folk are not rich. If you stick her with the entire $600 bar bill she will no doubt call upon her doppelganger....who will visit every tent and hotel.

It would be very hard to explain the Bad Beer Fairy to your friends:

f3e235.jpg

Now to important business....what shall the fourth keg be?

Please examine these choices (considering what we already have on the way, New Glarus Cow and Squirrel, and Bell's Hopslam) and offer suggestions.

http://www.bellsbeer.com/brands/#Year_Round-1

The following are available in draft:

Bell's Lager

Bell's Two-Hearted Ale

Bell's Oberon

Bell's Amber Ale

Bell's Third Coast

Bell's Kallamazzo Stout

Last edited:
No chance I would miss the beer at Osh!!!

I vote for the forth to be the Two Hearted Ale, but I like hoppy beer!!!

Sounds like a good time and I thank you for putting this together!!!!

Richard Squires

Langaire Aircraft Parts LLC
Duckworks Aviation LLC

I'd push for something with some body to it -- not some beer that looks like it's already been through the system. :D

+1

Will be there with +1

My grandfather doesn't drink, but don't worry I will consume his share so as to not throw off your count! :D (Am always here to help! haha)

Back