What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Straight Thru Compression fitting for brakes

coffeeguy

Well Known Member
I am installing a Matco PVPV-D parking brake valve in my 14A just on top of the center support for the rudder pedals. Aircraft Specialties and TS Flightlines has a nice install doc with pictures (page 9). I'm using the stock brake lines, so I need a compression fitting coming out of the valve. I can use the standard 90 degree brass fittings that go on the master cylinders on the right side, but on the left I need to use a straight compression to NPT fitting.

Vans has the 90 degree fitting, but I can't seem to find a straight thru. I was pointed to a nice push to fit p-501 from Stein, but I talked to Stein today and he looked up the specs on it and it was limited to 150psi, so that was a no go. Anyone have a source for something that would work?

Jeff

all of the brake fittings, except the pilot side output, are standard plumbing fittings. You can get 1/4" brass compression fittings and ferrules from the hardware store. Be sure to get the brass inserts to avoids leaks around the ferrule. The tubing is NOT standard plumbing stuff, so don't substitute there.

Last edited:
Back