What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTR200B issues

Foghorn

Well Known Member
This is kind of like the thread from last month but different. :D

I have two GTR200s, one 200B and one 200. The 200B does not have any sound through the ICS (GMA240). I can see on the display where it's receiving (RX) ATIS and on GND I can see it transmitting (TX) when I hit the PTT. But I don't hear anything.

The 200 works perfectly in both racks. Loud and clear! I've tested this with both radios installed and with just one radio installed.

It's a new radio and I'm setup to return it to ACS but I'm wondering if I'm missing something in the settings. I did the settings per the installation manual.

Anyone else have this happen?

Thanks,

Dumb question: did you turn up the volume for the one you can’t hear? I’m sure you have but didn’t see that in your description. If so then check the pins between the two units and make sure they aren’t backwards or one off and good connectivity.

The volume indication goes from 0-100% without sound to the ICS.

The rack pins are good. The 200 works perfectly in both racks and the 200B works but has no sound.

This is kind of like the thread from last month but different. :D

I have two GTR200s, one 200B and one 200. The 200B does not have any sound through the ICS (GMA240). I can see on the display where it's receiving (RX) ATIS and on GND I can see it transmitting (TX) when I hit the PTT. But I don't hear anything.

The 200 works perfectly in both racks. Loud and clear! I've tested this with both radios installed and with just one radio installed.

It's a new radio and I'm setup to return it to ACS but I'm wondering if I'm missing something in the settings. I did the settings per the installation manual.

Anyone else have this happen?

Thanks,

Hello Jeff,

Since you have a dual COM installation with an audio panel, the intercom function must be disabled in both the GTR 200 and GTR 200B. If you have the intercom enabled on the GTR 200B, you can't hear it through the audio panel intercom.

None of the Bluetooth functions of the GTR 200B (e.g. music and phone support) are available when the intercom is disabled.

GTR200BTelephonePage.png

It is odd to have a GTR 200B in an installation with an audio panel, because you can't use any of the Bluetooth features of the GTR 200B, so you may as well have 2 GTR 200 radios.

To have Bluetooth music and phone features in a dual COM radio installation, you need a GMA 245, not a GMA 240.

Steve

Hello Jeff,

Since you have a dual COM installation with an audio panel, the intercom function must be disabled in both the GTR 200 and GTR 200B. If you have the intercom enabled on the GTR 200B, you can't hear it through the audio panel intercom.

None of the Bluetooth functions of the GTR 200B (e.g. music and phone support) are available when the intercom is disabled.

View attachment 5548

It is odd to have a GTR 200B in an installation with an audio panel, because you can't use any of the Bluetooth features of the GTR 200B, so you may as well have 2 GTR 200 radios.

To have Bluetooth music and phone features in a dual COM radio installation, you need a GMA 245, not a GMA 240.

Steve

Steve,

Thank you for that info. I'll check that out tomorrow. Might be a GMA 240 on the market soon.

Thanks,

Trade

Hey Jeff,
I you decide to keep your audio panel, We can trade radios. I have the non-bluetooth version. I would give you some cash along with my radio of course.

Matt

Steve was 100% correct. The internal audio needs to be turned off to work with an audio panel. Which turns off the bluetooth function. Lesson learned!

Thanks for all the help/info!

Back