What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV12 drawings to practice paint schemes on

Jcurry

Well Known Member
Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has good 8.5 x 11 black and white drawings of an RV12? I saw the drawings in the KAI and was hoping for drawings with crisper lines. Any app out there to design paint schemes?

Thanks,
Jack

paint scheme layout

I scanned the 3-view in the KAI and then imported it into the Paint program that is included in Windows. It took some tedious pixel-by-pixel editing to clean it up but gave me a clean slate for color pattern investigations. Again, it is pixel-by-pixel editing but you can zoom in and do it very accurately. And once a pattern is established it is a very quick matter to select a portion of the pattern and change the color. I created and saved over a hundred patterns before selecting the final one. It took a lot of time but was fun.

I think I attached the .jpg version of the uncolored 3-view (I haven't attached anything before.)

Attachments

• RV-12 3-view JPG.jpg
    RV-12 3-view JPG.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 119
pecils

I did the same as Charlie did: printed out several A4 drawings.
Then just sat down with my children's pencil-box giving idea's a thought.
Some pics just cover wings, others just the fuse.
Use as many as you like, no need to learn to work with a fancy paint-program, as well.

Back