What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Join me at the Vans Homecoming!

I will be attending the 2017 Independence Fly-In and Vans Homecoming: ?Wings Over Willamette?

This year the annual Vans Homecoming is the weekend of August 18th -21st. I will be attending as usual and would love to see you there! Come join me in admiring Aircraft, meeting other Vans owners, and making new friends!

The folks at Independence Airpark are warm and welcoming! Visit their website for registration and details: https://www.eaa292.org/fly-in

I hope to see you there!

Shanna

Wondering how I missed hearing about this until now

It doesn't seem to be posted on the VAF Calendar ...upcoming Events.

Cheers, David
RV-6A KBTF

As usual, the great folks of Independence Airpark and EAA Chapter 292 put on a wonderful fly-in. The forums were engaging and informative with topic such as ?Introduction to Formation Flying? ?3rd Class Medical Reform Update? and ?Additional Pilot Program and Insurance Implications.? Paul Dye, Editor-in-Chief of KITPLANES was the key note speaker Saturday night and spoke of ?Lessons From Mission Control.?

Independence was in the path of totality for the recent solar eclipse, so fly-in participants were invited to stay an extra day for prime viewing!

I always love coming because I meet new awesome people, see beautiful and unique aircraft, and learn a great deal while I am there.

I hope to see more of you there next year!

another bucket list item- Independence, OR

For those that receive Kit Planes Homebuilder's Portal, you?ll see a great photo of the eclipse taken by Paul Dye when he was in Independence, OR (Was that a NASA camera?). Special thanks to my friend Louis who invited me to the event, EAA Chapter 282 for hosting and organizing the Homecoming fly-in and Vans facility tour, and Paul Dye for the wonderful banquet presentation on ?Lessons from Mission Control?, and the forum ?Flight Testing 101?. Can?t imagine any remaining bucket list item that will top this.:D
Bill McLean
RV-4 slider
Lower AL

Back